Santa's helper

Gennybro

Makeing toy guns and swords for the neighborhood kids this Christmas. A month ago they was running around with sticks pretending they was guns,so I made a couple out of plywood. They got a real kick out of that,they're still running around with them and playing soldier. Some of the other kids wanted one ,so I'll be busy with the plywood and jigsaw till Christmas.

Attachments

• toy guns 001.JPG
    toy guns 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 205

Remember back in the day when kids could play guns or cops and robbers or cowboys and indians and the liberal pussification movement of this country didn't get all butthurt over it because it promoted violence and clearly cefined a winner and a looser rather than giving everyone a trophy regardless of results... Great times.

The sword looks like the one from the original Zelda, look great!

Good for you Gennybro!! That's spreading the Christmas Spirit! Your neighbors are lucky to have you as a neighbor.

Hey Gennybro those look great!
Glad to see you doing that and glad to see kids that get out from front of the tv and do something outside.

thats badass man. my dad is doing the same thing

Make me one that looks like a 30 cal. Browning machine gun on a M2 tripod and I'm in.

Dirt clods as hand grenades. And, if your shot or captured you go to prison camp and could only get out if rescued.

Oh and it's not over til Mom calls Dinner.

JPNinPA said:
Dirt clods as hand grenades. And, if your shot or captured you go to prison camp and could only get out if rescued.

Oh and it's not over til Mom calls Dinner.
Ah the good ole days. When your imagination and a good throwing ARM mattered.

The days before video games.

Sent from my Android using Jeepz

Ha ha ha, dirt clod wars were so much fun

Decided to give the kids the guns today,they was all outside and figured theyed have presents to play with on Christmas. So why not spice up their day a little today.

Attachments

• happy soldiers 001.JPG
    happy soldiers 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • happy soldiers 002.JPG
    happy soldiers 002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 143

That's the kind of good old fashioned play that is disappearing in our day of everything electronic.
I too fought dirt-clod wars as a kid!

Icelia said:
That's the kind of good old fashioned play that is disappearing in our day of everything electronic.
I too fought dirt-clod wars as a kid!

It was the battle of Tee Time, down by the park... I'll never forget that day. So much sacrifice. I lost many good soldiers that day, if dinner hadn't been called I fear I could've lost more.

The kid in the red coat looks like the clown of the bunch... that was me when I was young picking on all the old people in the neighborhood now their doing the same to me...............Little %*@^%
Good Job Gennybro, I know they appreciate it. And I do too. Just good to see there are some good people left.

I had just as much fun giveing them out and watching as they did recieveing them. The sword idea was a little iffy,espically after getting wacked once accidently, then the rascal in the red coat wanted me to sharpen his. Hope they don't beat each other to badly with those things.

gennybro said:
I had just as much fun giveing them out and watching as they did recieveing them. The sword idea was a little iffy,espically after getting wacked once accidently, then the rascal in the red coat wanted me to sharpen his. Hope they don't beat each other to badly with those things.

Next you'll have to make some shields! Lol

Careful those parent will come after you if little Johnnie gets hurt . people these days are sew happy , but I love the idea anyhow

54cj3b said:
Careful those parent will come after you if little Johnnie gets hurt . people these days are sew happy , but I love the idea anyhow

I know right! My friends neighbor tried to sue them for having to many trees on their property! What the hell?

Back