shackle reversals???

95yj

has anyone used a shackle reversal on a yj or cj?,how was the ride differance? i was thinking of bolting one on my yj, but ive never read or heard anything on them,are they worth the time and effort?

whats needed?

man i have one on mine and the ride is better. it also looks mean from the front

Removing the front track bar is the only reason I may end up doing one.

Your front axle moves backwards under compression after a shackle reversal, which unloads weight from the front tires. This could result in a loss of traction in many wheeling situations.

I run a Lincoln Locker in the front and I'd like to ditch the trackbar, only way to do that is with a shackle reversal.

Roy Jones...Tell me you saw it.

There are just as many negatives as positives. The Jeep goes down the road straighter, and that is enough for most people to justify it. I can't on my own stuff. Bounty pointed out a good reason not to do one. It also puts even more load on the front tires when braking. It's overrated in my opinion, but it's in no way a bad thing. Whatever YOU prefer, the positive and negative effects are both pretty minor. You might need a new longer spline front driveshaft.

I'm Back! with pics!

I will be doing this on my project YJ, but this will be a trail rig and not even registered so I could care less about the on-road mannerisms!

Back