Shift light.

Itchee96

I have an 06 TJ with a manual transmission. My problem is the shift light doesnt come on at all. I have checked to make sure the light is good. Is there something else that I can check to get it to work? Thanks for your help in advance.:?|

question.. do you need the shift light. perhaps it is Gods way of saying "rev the crap out of that motor"...

NO..

first, the shift light is not the rev limiter, just the point to shift for optimal fuel/milage

I am not too sure where the the shift light gets it's rpm signal from, I would guess there would be two locations one needs to be near the transmission, and the other somewhere in either the guage cluster or at the engine somewhere In my YJ, the shift light will only come on when in gear, and above 2500 rpms. so this is what I am basing it on.

I dont need it. It doesnt bother me it that it doesnt work. Its just that it has never worked. Its still under warranty, so I could take it in and let them fix it, but like I said, I dont need it. Thanks for the input.

I dont need it. It doesnt bother me it that it doesnt work. Its just that it has never worked. Its still under warranty, so I could take it in and let them fix it, but like I said, I dont need it. Thanks for the input.

If I were you, I'd just forget it!! I've always hated those stupid lights............if ya' need a light to tell ya' when to shift, then ya' need to be driving an automatic!:grin:

Oh, yeah.............welcome to the "Z"!!

If it's still under warranty get it fixed, you never know what other problems it could be involving with it not working right!

I have little patience, The shift light on a car I had years ago sure helped my wife learn how to drive a standard:D

I used to have an old ford with economy lights and a shift light, after one good/bad day hammering down the motorway ( freeway to you lot the far side of the pond :D ), the things stayed on all the time as a prev poster said if you need em get an auto.

Back