shifter super stiff

cougarlasch

hi. we've had a couple cold mornings finally in new jersey. The shifter is really stiff from side to side and going through the gears. i have Redline MT-90 in the trans and i am wondering if there is something that doesnt get affected by the cold as much. It's a 99 wrangler sahara with ax-15 trans.
when the truck warms up and couple miles down the road it shifts fine and normal. thank you.

Redline is about as good as it gets, especially with cold-weather shifting. Any chance you got water in the trans?

THats was I as thinking or maybe some condensation in the shifter or something. i havent taken it offroad in a long time. way longer than when i drained and filled with the redline. maybe ill drain and fill again just to be safe. its been since 2008 since it was last drained and filled and it was sitting since 2009 till 2013. im just noticing it now because my subaru has been out of commision for 3 months because of a stupid dear so i am driving the jeep right now as a daily driver. i usually dont drive it in the snow or winter in general due to salt in jersey. and everyone knows what mopar stands for.
Mostly Old Parts And Rust. thank you.

Back