Shocks for cj with six inch lift?

808CJ7

Anyone know where I can find shocks for a cj with a six inch lift? I've got shocks for four inches on now but there too short. Tried online, can't find anything bigger than four inch.

Do you have a six inch spring lift, or a combined spring and body lift?

big_o_tom said:
Do you have a six inch spring lift, or a combined spring and body lift?

It's a six inch suspension lift with a shackle reversal. No body lift.

I didnt know they made a six inch for a cj. I would measure how long the shock needs to be then go to a parts store and find one the right length.

Consider modifying your shock mounts to work with the 4" shocks. It's unlikely you have enough suspension travel to require the extra stroke of a longer shock.

'88 F250 front shock hoops work great in the front, and often in the rear. They bolt or weld to the chassis.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Consider modifying your shock mounts to work with the 4" shocks. It's unlikely you have enough suspension travel to require the extra stroke of a longer shock.

'88 F250 front shock hoops work great in the front, and often in the rear. They bolt or weld to the chassis.

I was surprised to find the six inch lift. I brought a guys unfinished project jeep for cheap. It had a brand new lift and a t-18a in it. Anyway my jeep had a four inch on it. Swaped over the six inch took some measurements and sure enough it sat two inches higher. Compared the old shocks with the new and there the same length. Problem is when I max the suspension out Offroad the shock is fully stretched. Local parts stores only carry two and a half inch. Not sure if the springs were custom made. Modifying the shock mounts might be my only option. That F-250 idea sounds pretty good

Back