Side Project

Nice, have you checked to see if any of the large retailers wanted to pick up this item?

Nice, have you checked to see if any of the large retailers wanted to pick up this item?
Not yet. I wanted to see want the demand was like first. No one makes anything for this specific application.
I think the big retailers have overlooked this problem. Think about it, what good's a Jeep with no transmission? :purple:

Are they weld in?
If you could provide different threads there are a lot of applications for these.

Are they weld in?
If you could provide different threads there are a lot of applications for these.

They are weld-in. You run the bead of weld along the flats. The current thread is 1/2-13.
The wall thickness on these inserts is twice that of the factory inserts, so tapping different thread sizes will not be an issue.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I know of plenty of Jeeps that are missing at least one bolt on the transmission skidplate/crossmember b/c of that problem. The thicker wall is a good feature. You've got interest here!

interested in the upper shock mounts for the XJ you are working on.
Pain in the butt fishing the washer/lockwasher/nut thru the small access hole, then getting a wrench on it.

Back