Speakers

Marine Speakers. If not, try to find automotive speakers with plastic cones. Paper cones will just not last...

I have MTX coaxial 6x9's in the back of my CJ7, they are absolutely amazing. I have a bikini top and even with the radio only up at 10 I can hear them fine. They have polypropylene cones, and they hold up to the heat of AZ summers. That being said, I don't deal with rain or moisture, so depending on where you are I would look for a weather resistant enclosure if they are going to be installed exposed to the elements.

Polypropylene should hold up fine for at least 3 years to sun and rain. I have my speakers in kick boxes (mod pods) under the doors, and in Panama, it rains 90% of the time, so we wheel with lots of mud. Mine survived for about 4 to 5 years before the ring around the cone gave out.

Polypropylene should hold up fine for at least 3 years to sun and rain. I have my speakers in kick boxes (mod pods) under the doors, and in Panama, it rains 90% of the time, so we wheel with lots of mud. Mine survived for about 4 to 5 years before the ring around the cone gave out.

I also have polypropylene. 3 yrs on the sound bar and I yr for the ones in the dash and a shallow mount sub in the console with a rf punch amp. I do a lot of mud and they have lasted well.

Don't want to hijack this thread but hoping I can build f on it. I've always had a kick ass a stereo in my ride. Not for by passers to heat but for musical clarity in my ride Im new TJ over all of 300 miles; the multitude of different listening environments in a TJ: top off, doors on doors off top on doors off top on windows zipped in and out hardtop on, and on and on. I will primarily run soft top full enclosure unless a Heaney snow is forecasted and will go yo hard top. For softie short of putting speakers in every conceivable suave in the tJ tub:Where are best speaker placements to co ver the plethora of situations

I'm partial to rear seat removal and large overpowering boom box installation
Any serious comments for a '01 sport. Would be appreciated. Like the sound bar concept but not performances need upgrade there if that is the one.

In advance of great advice thanks for fixing the audio so I can clearly discern Amos Lee, and sound Gatden from Puddle offside and Tom Waits!

I also have polypropylene. 3 yrs on the sound bar and I yr for the ones in the dash and a shallow mount sub in the console with a rf punch amp. I do a lot of mud and they have lasted well.

Same here. Only thing I needed to do was re glue the surround to the cone. installed since 06

Anybody know why my stereo in my car plays great for about a half hour then starts to sound muffeled and breaks up this is the 3 stereo in 6 months they are jvc. One was a Sony my speakers are the pods from quadratec

Anybody know why my stereo in my car plays great for about a half hour then starts to sound muffeled and breaks up this is the 3 stereo in 6 months they are jvc. One was a Sony my speakers are the pods from quadratec

My thoughts are the amp is being overdriven.

Few questions.
What load are your speakers? 2 ohm 4 ohm or higher?
What is the suggested load for your radio? 2 ohm, 4 ohm or higher?
How are your speakers hooked up? 2 front and 2 rear or more?
If more are they paralleled or series?
Do you have the pos leads to the pos on the speakers?

Discovered when the jeep is not running a d i have it on acessaries stereo sounds fine . As soon as i start the jeep the radio starts to get fussy

Your stereo is proably not grounded correctly. Jvc cannot do 2 ohm loads either. What brand of amp? It may not be grounded correctly.

Back