Still Need Drivetrain Help!!

sjo426

Well I'm still struggling to locate what I need. I have a 84CJ7 with a SBC already in the engine compartment. What I wanted was a SM465/NP205 to bolt right up to it and be done. But I can't find that combination local for less that 500 bucks (and that is junkyard with 30 day guarantee).

Well I do have a T18A/Dana 20 (although I have never seen it in anything that ran). So I'm now looking at Novak kit for mating this up with the SBC. This kit cost around 300 bucks.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Is there anything else to worry about? Input shaft length? I'm just worried as I have never messed with any conversion kits.

Thanks.

Why spend $300 bucks on a kit when you can buy the drivetrain you want for $500? The fewer kits the better.

Well I think I found a SM465 NP208 mated for 200 bucks total.

Isn't the 208 a slip yoke? Is this bad? Would it require anything special to go to my jeep axle? Or would I need a chevy driveshaft?

I think it's a slipyoke type, check to see if a SYE kit is available if you think you may ever need one. May need a GM slipyoke and a combination ujoint to mate it to your driveshaft.

Back