stock yj horn

woo hoooooo got my hubs

positive, it grounds to the fender where it is bolted. tug

I don't know, but the stock horns sure do sound like a Barbie Jeep! Why such a road-runner-meep-meep horn was put in there I'll never know :roll: . Every time I use mine, I swear I'm gonna swap it out, but still haven't yet.

well i just bought the Fiamm Dual Air Horn kit, its like 128db or somethin of that matter...

It doesnt come with any electrical besides a relay, but ive read people just wire it directly and skip the complicated relay setup.

So my real question is, anyone ever use one of these Fiamm air horns, and how did they mount/install it.

don't skip the relay setup, i did that when i first got it just to test it using the main horn power using just the pump.... bzzznnnnnn... the pump spun like it was supposed to, then it stopped working... i blew the horn fuse on the first try... it really is not hard at all to wire a relay... i have a hooga horn and the dual tone air horn wired to go off together when i hit my horn. when i get time and ambition, i will put them on a switch so i can decide which i want to use.. but for now... there is no other horn like it

well, i cut the original horn cord, and its got a red/green wire, and a black one...

Green usually means ground, but im not positive which is which. So then i put the positive on the relay, run a wire with inline 20 amp fuse to the battery, run a wire from the relay to the pump. ground the pump, ground the relay, and done?

Hi,

When working with Alternating Current (AC), Green is infact ground.

With Direct Current (DC), the RED is normally hot and BLACK is normally ground. (this will be the case with your Jeep).

Anyways, they say a picture says a 1000 words, and I don't feel like typing that much, so here's a typical horn w/ relay schematic :p :mrgreen:

hornrelay-3.png

-Nick :!:

goodbye to the YJ

Relays are easy to use, don't be caught in the dark (or without a horn) without one :wink:

I used to have the dual air horn from the parts store, sounded sweet and a real attention getter. I used a 3-way switch so I could toggle between stcok horn and air horn, like there was ever a need for the stock horn again :twisted:

I think I'll get another one for this jeep, there's an idea for my xmas money.

its not the relay thats the pain, its that it came with no wires at all, and i can never decide the best place to mount the relay. i understand the wiring now, thanks to xjnick

my relay is not actually mounted anywhere, none of my relays are... i just tape around them and the wires really good and tape them to a nearby something

Back