Stuff you've carried in your Jeep that made people look twice

Crazy4diesels

What things have you carried in or on your Jeep that made people look twice?

Here's a 400 pound soapstone sink. I removed the tailgate (I miss the early Jeeps with the lift off gate! ) . I loaded and unloaded it alone using a come-along on the roll bar. -John

Attachments

• PICT0166.JPG
    PICT0166.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 1,141

Here's a 60 pound, three tier wedding cake. I had to deliver it about 35 miles. The bakery guy really thought it was a bad idea to put it in the Jeep. He thought it would be too rough. I assured him that I'd stay out of the woods on the way back. The cake made it with only one little stress crack. :lol: -John

Attachments

• IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 311
Jeep load of Bamboo. We stuffed the Jeep full of Bamboo plants and I drove back home (about 80 miles) . The root balls weighed around 500 pounds total. I tied them up some so I could see OK (this is before tying) but it still looked pretty funny. The farmer said, "you better watch it... The cops will prolly think you've got a load of pot in here..." :lol: -John

Attachments

• IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 1,092
50 inch plasma TV. Stood it on a foam pad and strapped in to the roll bars. Got a few weird looks along the way. Guy I got it from could not believe it fit in the Jeep. -John

Attachments

• IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 656

The list is to long........wish I had some pics...I'll have to search. But, Crazy4diesels, you sound a whole lot like me!!! I'll stuff anything on, in, or around my TJ to "get 'er home"!!! Got some pics somewhere of our upright bass that I picked up at a truck terminal and hauled home. Hauled a woodstove (that the wife and I loaded and unloaded and positioned!!), and at times have hauled 2 acoustic guitars, 1 hammered dulcimer/with stand, 3 music stands, 2 guitar stands, an upright bass/with stand, and a couple little bowed psalteries.......all at the same time!! I'm quite sure people were wondering.......

Saw this on the 4th sticking out ot the top of a lifted CJ. Couldn't pull my camera phone out quick enough. I was going to post it in teh performance section of the forum
image-missing.png

I hauled home my new water heater - standing up in back with the top off.

I carried a large cherry tree. Sat the ball on the front bumper, It weighed 500 - 600 lbs easy. I strapped it every where and any where I could and drove home about 5 miles. Was interesting when braking as the rear wheels would almost lift off the ground. It was quite a sight! I drove right up to the hole, cut the ropes and let her drop. Bullseye! I was the man that day (until the wife came home and chopped me at the knees!) LOL

Me and the wife brought home some bush she wanted..Sat it on her lap and drove home..bush was above the windshield.One other time I picked up 1/4 ton of gravel for the hole in my drive way that the wife made me fix.

6 bales of hay. 1 in the front seat, 4 stacked on the back and 1 on top of roll cage. Neighbors thought I was nuts. Sorry no picks. I also pulled a 4 horse 2 axle trailer with the same jeep. My horse Leg got loose, honey had the truck and all I had was the jeep. Horse was 3 miles from home when we found him. Loaded him in the trailer, and drove him home. Damn jeep never lets me down

I know this is nothing unusual, but I once took my wolf hybrid for a ride, everyone looked at me funny when they looked at me and Bubba was laid out across my lap

Last edited:
Ok its not me but a great pic nun the less!!!!

Attachments

• 39784_1372507388418_1103769850_30876928_6221417_n.jpg
    39784_1372507388418_1103769850_30876928_6221417_n.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 460
Don't have any pictures but 3 buddys of mine went hog hunting with me and we got 6 pigs had them stacked up on the roof of my zj. Should of seen the looks we got lol.
We stopped at a gas station on the way home and someone wrote in the dust on the back window hog express lol.

D44 front axle from an SJ, couldn't fit it in the jeep so I just ratchet strapped it below the rear bumper. It was very secure, but looked pretty redneck.

I went to Dicks Sporting Goods with my friend, and put 2 kayaks on the roof, and a gun locker in the car. It was dark so I couldn't get a pic, but it was really funny with the looks. haha

Back