Suggestions?

redwrangler02

Ok, it's about time I finally replace my shocks. I've been running a 2" coil spacer lift since I got the Jeep, and the shocks are stock. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy for replacements? I have also considered this lift kit, I don't know if anyone has experience with this particular kit or if it will even include everything I need to use it. I don't do much off-road as my Jeep is my daily driver. Right now I'm running 31's on stock wheels. I'd like to keep it as capable as possible off-road while maintaining decent gas mileage and performance. I have 4.10's in the rear, and am about to finish that project by putting 4.10's in the front as well so I can get my 4wd back. Would you recommend keeping a 2" lift rather than 4"? Should I get a 2.5" suspension kit? The main reason I considered the Rough Country kit was the price, as I am running out of time with the stock shocks and am a starving college student. Any suggestions are most helpful.

That lift kit doesn't contain everything.
With 4 in lift you need SYE, front and rear adjustable track bars, longer brake lines, bump stops, adjustable control arms for starters. I'm sure there is more I'm missing.

Two inch faith better shocks will be the least expensive. Look at Old Man EMU shocks, or Rancho 9000's.

Ok, so just replace the shocks, leave the springs and 2" spacers in place? I assume just changing the shocks will improve ride quality, no need to swap the springs as well? I'm not sure what kind of springs I've got as they came with the Jeep when I purchased it, along with the 2" spacers. The springs are green, maybe some sort of aftermarket or painted? I'm guessing something like these or these would work for shocks? If you were to purchase shocks, which would you get?

I hear a lot of good about both. That's why I suggested them . For my style driving and towing I'd get the 9000s. And I have the RC lift and you still need longer brake lines and bumps tops and sway bar connectors. ESP if you will be off roading..

Back