suspension??

cjseven84

i jsut purchased a 2.5 inch rancho suspension lift with rsx 9000 shocks will 33 12.5 inch tires fit on with this lift??

image-missing.png
[addsig]

you shouldnt have too much trouble fitting 33 with a 2.5 inch lift...you might have a little bit of fender well rubbing under hard felxing.....but the beauty of spring is you can get a little extra lift with shackles if you need a bit more space in the wheel well.[addsig]

I would think they'd be fine...you might experience some rub on the outer fender lip...and/or flares...but this would be if you're looking to flex more than a little...what kinda performance you looking for...i wouldn't worry at all on the road...but on the other hand if your looking to do serious trailing and you're up to it...either cut the fenders back a little (1") or just throw on some extended shackles...ideally i would get a little bit more height for good no-rub flex...but this again depends on what you plan on doing...let me know how it turns out...i have stock suspension with 31"x 10.5 rubber and no rubbing at all, even without my anti-sway bar...but i wouldn't mind some big 33" rubber...[addsig]

I take it by your name that this will be going on a 1984 CJ7. I am not the man to answer this but from what I hear this will be a tight fit but will fit. Add a 1 inch body lift or a set of 1" or 2" shackles and you should have plenty of room to flex and be good to go. If I am off base no dought the guys with a better under standing will make the proper adjustments to my atempt here. On my YJ I plan to go with a 2.5" lift and up to a 31" x 10.5" and have not decited to what lift to go with so please keep me updated on how you like the Rancho lift. Best to you and your adventure with the lift. Later Tug[addsig]

West747...i don't think we could have thought more alike![addsig]

rubbing the fenders is the best way to show off your suspension

for everyone to see and wonder, whats he runnin?[addsig]

A shackle lift can be added if needed, but don't go more than 2" (the shackle will be 4" longer than stock). You will loose some approach angle because the shackles hang down futher. Also, I wouldn't go more than a 2" body lift. Your Jeep will start to feel unstable and top-heavy.[addsig]

Back