swamper vs swamper

jeepmaster

what is the difference between the super swamper TSL and the TSL/SX? the website doesnt tell what the SX means and the pics look the same. im considering these in 32's and was just curious which was better or designed for what....also if anyones has any experiences with either please share or any other 32' tire suggestion. thanks ~ max[addsig]

the SX have sidewall tread while the TSLs dont, and i also belive the have a few more plys, i think the SXs go to like 10 ply, and also i belive the SXs have alittle rougher on road ride[addsig]

yea i already looked there tug, i actually found the swampers from you postin that link in another thread, but its not really any help as far as discerning the differences. how many miles would a set of TSL/SX's last?[addsig]

email em thay will make sure you know so you can make the right choice. They are in the business you know, hehehehe Tug :-D [addsig]

ok im gonna have to call them, they have no email posted. ill let you know what they say.[addsig]

I wouldn't get either if you see many road miles. These bias-ply tires ride very rough, and develop flat spots after sitting that take a while to work out of the tire, while it shakes you and the Jeep apart.

Take a look at the TSL Radial in 32x10.5, it's a very aggressive tire that has decent street manners. I have it in 31x9.5 but the 32" has a more open aggressive tread pattern.

I'd save the bias-ply tires for the trailer gueens :lol: [addsig]

the lady at intercore tire said that the difference was tread designs and that they should last from 20 to 30, 000 miles[addsig]

Not much experience with SSR's, I think they are still a radial and have the advantage of the tread blocks being siped, much better wet/icy surface traction.

Talked to a friend today with TSL Radials, he initially hoped for 20K out of his 33x12.5 set, now he thinks it will be more like 30K. Can't tell with mine, they are trail only, and the rocks will have chewed them completely up before the road miles wear them down :lol: [addsig]

Im runnin the Pro Comp mud T/A's. They did well. Didnt clean themselves the best but really performed much better then I imagined. Im going to a set a Super Swamper TSL 39.5x15 this week. I will let you know how they are. [addsig]

Check out the Kuhmo MT if you want a tough inexpensive mud tire that is pretty aggressive.[addsig]

Back