sway bars or no sway bars?

Hahaha only on Jeepz could a discussion about anti sway bars cause so many feelings! I think it's great that everyone is so passionate about their jeeps, even down to the anti-sway bars!

That being said, yes you can get away with out anti sway bars, and in some cases even shocks etc etc. The point is, it's an unnecessary risk. It's like speeding, we all do it from time to time (some more than others) You keep on rolling the dice and it will eventually catch up with you. Probably while you're feeling the most confident. If you want to risk your own "dice" knock yourself out. But when your gambling with other motorists and their lives... Maybe not so much. If I were to ever cause an accident because I felt like running the risk and someone,besides me, got hurt... I don't think I could live with the guilt.

"there is no such thing as bad luck, just bad decisions catching up to you in their own time"

All that is true and sounds great so long as you are trailering your Jeep to the off-road park. But if you plan on driving it over 20 mph, leave them on or use disconnects.

I wasn't putting anyone down, if you took offense maybe you should look at why, the only comment I've seen I thought outright laughable was if you go more than 20 mph with no rear sway bar you'll lose control, that was dumb.

I did not say you'd lose control if you drive over 20mph. You may want to read what I said again.

My not very well made point was that without a rear swaybar the vehicle is less stable at speed and if you have to make an unexpected evasive maneuver, you are more likely to end up rolling over.

I have driven my '06 TJ with the sway bar connected and disconnected on the highway. There is a very noticeable difference when cornering in the feel and the performance capabilities. I would very much recommend the disconnects as your best option.

I forgot to reconnect once. Going down the road, I felt like I was in a big porch swing, or rocking chair. Lol. I was like, wtf? Then I got home and started washing the mud off. Got to the undercarriage and, doh!

Oh. Heheh. U see I wrote that at 2am. Insomnia. Not reading clearly. Just gleefully thinking of my day I drove down the road. Ignore me then. Hee

Back