Tailgate

88YJ6

Anyone got a tailgate on a YJ or know how to make one? I got a stupid swing door that I hate and always rubs against the rear window on my hardtop. Tailgates are the **** however!

People put CJ tailgates on YJ tubs all the time when they do a tub swap. Check out some tub swap write ups for good details.

Just go get a CJ tailgate and swap it in place. Or you could just put CJ tailgate hinges on the YJ one and ditch the YJ hinges.

Yup.. make sure you put some type of threaded structural brace on the back side of the tub so the Hinge Bolts have something to bite into, if not, it will just rip the tin sheet metal off the back of the tub.

Thanks any suggestions on latches, there is a guy who did one on TJ but didnt have an outside latch. His name was Paul

You may want to check out JP magazine. I'm pretty sure they have just done a complete write up recently (last 3 months) on this exact swap.

you know what the article was called, I searched theri website but didnt get any hits that looked right

you know what the article was called, I searched theri website but didnt get any hits that looked right

I'm not sure if it was JP. It might've been another publication. I'll check my office (the bathroom :bootyshake: ) when I go home tonight.:D

Back