Talk about Lucky

Tug-n-pull

Well first off my work everyday drive is an 89 GMC Surburban. I drive it like I sold it and this ol sucker will flat out move along for an older heavy weight. 10 MPG and that is an average not hwy or city miles. I run the river road as we call it from the town I work in and the town I live in. Full out curves and hills and two lane all the way. Sunday night after work I was coming home and running like normal wide open for the most part. Come home get the family and go across town to eat. On the way home truning at about 5 mph at a stop light the bottom ball joint just goes away. Clean out of the A frame set down hard and come to a stop. Wreckered it to my favorite shop for a quick rebuild of the front end now back on the road. I am just dawg gone lucky I did not fall off a rock wall into the river on the way home while running like a bat out of baltimore. Nice to know someone is looking out for me. Just thought I would share the adventure. tug

Well we're glad to hear it too! It's always an eye opener when stuff like that happens to me. Usually slows me down for a day or to then right back to my normal flying like a bat IN Baltimore.

Glad you are okay TUG!!! Be Careful! :shock:

Yeah man! Glad you lucked out! Thank god it didnt happen on the curves or when the family was with you when you were going faster!

As long as your OK! but... if that gmc was a 4x4 this would never have been a problem!

I think you outta lift that 2wd subby and turn it into the ultimate parts/grocery getter!

Speedometer correction

It is always nice when God is looking out for his own.

Well thanks for the kind words but the beast lives again. Put in new ball joints and checked out the rest of the front end parts and pieces. So Back on the road again. I to wish it were 4x4 rather than 2 wheel drive but if it were I would never be able to keep gas in it! hehehe tug

sounds like you got somebody looking out for ya tug, Its the "what ifs" in life that will really make ya gratefull and appreciate how precious life is..... About 2 monthes after the war started when everything was "cooling" down over there My old platoon was assigned a mission to guard an iraqi ammo supply point we were sitting in the defense glad to have gotten through the last few monthes and enjoying one of our first mail drops. we were all laughing and enjoying the taste of some melted candy and those things you squeeze and they get cold (dont know what there called) anyways i was sitting on a couple of sandbags readin a letter from home and eating some twizzlers when one of my buddies called me over to his position to show me some pictures of his girl well as soon as i walked over to him we started taking morter fire i looked over to where my position was and started to make my way back when the whole thing exploded (packages and all) the rounds stopped in a few seconds and we took care of the root of the problem nobody got a scratch on em anyways if i hadnt walked over to look at those pics i wouldnt be sittin here typing this right now.. thats the day i started beleiving in guardian angels. it wasnt the first or the last time we were shot at over there but that one really sticks out in my mind as more than a coincidence cause he usually came over to me when we felt like runnin our traps. i know theres angels up there, Ridgerunner

Dang, stan, I just got one heck of a cold shiver and goosebumps reading that!! I, too, believe in guardian angels (not just those of you in uniform, but the winged kind also). I had one save me once...I still can't talk about it without getting really emotional and freaked out.....just too much emotion.....

Back