The carburetor saga moves on....

signguy

First, Thanks for all the great advice on replacing the old Carter on my 79 CJ5. Have an MC2100 upgrade kit and distributor on the way. Can't wait to get this old Jeep running again. Been two weeks trying to fix all the engine issues from the kid I bought it from. Some folks should never be allowed to touch a wrench. Seems him and his buddy installed the 258 where there once was a 304, good idea in theory maybe but the engine compartment is FUBAR. Can anyone tell me how critical the intake manifold heater is? There is a single wire for it and no place that I can find to plug it in. I kinda like the idea for cold weather. Thinkin' about wiring a keyed and switched power source to it. Any suggestions:?:

I've never seen or heard about an intake manifold heater on a 304 or 360 before but that doesn't mean there isn't such a thing. I've seen engine block heaters thats normally installed in place of one of the engine block freeze plugs. Although the concept of the engine block heater works very well on cold weathers suh as snow, i've never had a problem warming up my Jeep in a 25*F temperatures so i never bother with the block heater.

i've never seen one on an I6 either though but i have never lived anywhere cold. i've bought two bmws here in south texas with the block heaters that replace the freeze plug though, oddly.

Back