The Jeep wave...

Not too many wave back at me because my CJ is in 7.4 billion pieces all over my yard and garage and I am usually driving my Nissan. :twisted: An aweful lot give me the single finger wave though:shock:

I just got back doing some driving aroung CO.....driving down 85 there were 5 or 6 jeeps in a row heading the other way.....I waved, had my hand out the whole time and nothing from any of them.....then as the drive continued I would see one here and there.....nothing! I think there are too many jeeps here so everyone is thinking just another jeep....desensitized! Um or maybe its the big ol "Im an a$$hole dont wave at me" sticker on my windshield! :roll:

I wave at every type of Jeep. Most people around here I find wave. Although on my 13 mile journey to work every morning, I see the same four jeeps 3 guys and one woman. The one woman and one guy wave the two ther guys are too tough to wave. Now on a Harley everyone waves, Pagans, Warlocks, regular people you name it. I don't think I can even remember one person that hasn't waved unless of course they didn't see me or were too tanked to notice.

Later
Mike

Jk drivers rarely wave in Michigan all other Wrangler drivers do, unless they are being driven by a wife/girlfriend or other.

I find the same thing.I think some of it may because people are buying the 2wd model and dont even understand what it means to own a real Jeep.

Sure is alot of hating on JKs in this thread. I recently picked up a '09 JK and it's my 3rd Jeep. I wave at all Jeeps. I get some wierd looks, but I won't give up. Some day it will sink in and they will see that we are all family and I'll get a wave back.

Alot of JKs are bought by newcomers to the Jeeping family and do not know about the wave. Show them. If you snub them, then the tradition will surely die.

I think there is a difference between a jeep owner and a jeep rider I have noticed a lot of riders lately. This is why I hated them bringing out the 4 doors now they think it's like driving a SUV.....Uggggg I feel like throwing some mudd at 'em.:???:

I think there is a difference between a jeep owner and a jeep rider I have noticed a lot of riders lately. This is why I hated them bringing out the 4 doors now they think it's like driving a SUV.....Uggggg I feel like throwing some mudd at 'em.:???:

I hear ya. I personally don't dig the 4dr models, but they are still Jeeps and are family. I rarely see 4dr models with the top down and even fewer with the doors off. Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing any around here with the doors off. Weather is perfect here too in the high 80's.

To me, a quick and dirty check into what kind of Jeeper I'm dealing with is to look at the door hinges. If the nuts are there, then that person has not TRUELY experienced the freedom.

Either way, a Jeeper is still family and I'm waving to all of them. If not to the person behind the wheel, wave to the Jeep itself.:D

I hear ya. I personally don't dig the 4dr models, but they are still Jeeps and are family. I rarely see 4dr models with the top down and even fewer with the doors off. Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing any around here with the doors off. Weather is perfect here too in the high 80's.

To me, a quick and dirty check into what kind of Jeeper I'm dealing with is to look at the door hinges. If the nuts are there, then that person has not TRUELY experienced the freedom.

Either way, a Jeeper is still family and I'm waving to all of them. If not to the person behind the wheel, wave to the Jeep itself.:D

I totally agree thanks for pulling me in...I guess I started to sound too good for them but you are RIGHT they are FAMILY and we need to open our Jeep arms to all of them.

SO, I finally got to break out my jeep to drive into town. All the regular Wrangler owners waved, some caught me at the gas station and chatted about the age of my jeep, how has it survived in Missouri and such. I explained once again that my jeep, I bought in 82 from my dad who bought it new. It lived its whole life in Arizona, until I went insane and drove it to Missouri. Now the bets are on how long before the rust over comes my jeep. It won't happen. Plans are being made even now, for the body to be pulled, old paint stripped off. ALL CANCER removed and then, a nice pretty red paint put back on. or, I might say hell with it and just camo it. Oh and I seen one of those 4 dr things, I waved and was flipped off. So frak em.

I don't think I've gotten a wave or even been flipped off by a 4 door Wrangler. Usually even the unmodified 2 doors don't wave...you know...the ones with the rusty factory issue wheels. I figure a 4 door would be a waste. The back seat has been in the barn under a tarp since I bought the 98 TJ. Did the same thing with the YJ back seat when I owned that.

I've been paying more attention to who does and does not wave back lately. What I've noticed: If the doors are off (top up or down), the wave is there. If the top is down and doors on, wave is there most of the time. If top is up and doors on, I usually get a stupid look in return. No matter if it's a CJ,YJ, TJ or JK.

:p To the new breed of jeepsters. I hate to see the new breed kill a good thing.Keep the high fives going,an to the rest ...........sell ur jeep:lol:

:p To the new breed of jeepsters. I hate to see the new breed kill a good thing.Keep the high fives going,an to the rest ...........sell ur jeep:lol:

The only thing worse would be seeing the old breed kill a good thing. They should know better.

When I'm in my YJ, I wave at all jeeps. CJ's YJ's TJ's & modded XJ's almost always wave back. Recently some JK's are starting to get the idea & wave back.

Now my XJ is stock & I still wave at all jeeps, but nobody seems to even notice. Every now & then I get another XJ who just happens to be looking & then waves back but seems confused about it.

I think they should have made a dash plaque in every jeep product ever made.

It should read; You are driving a Jeep, when passing anywhere near another Jeep you are required to wave at it, as long as it's safe to do so!

Back