The OFFICIAL Random thread

:agree: I have never seen one in person, lots of Hawks and Falcons though, can't wait to see your pics.

When I was a kid, my dad and I would count the Red-Tailed hawks (Harris' Hawks) anytime we drove anywhere. Usually, we'd see 3 or 4 of them. Sunshine and I do that now, and in the winter months, we'll see anywhere between 15 and 25 of them in a 30 mile stretch between here and Wichita. The day we saw all the eagles at the lake, we had counted 77 hawks!

I have seen several eagles out here in Salisbury. We were on the way to Baltimore and just outside of town on Rt 50 a huge eagle flew in front of our police car and missed being made a splatter by inches. He was going after a rabbit on the side of the road and apparently wasn't paying attention to the highway full of cars. Talk about taking your breath away. None of us wanted to make that phone call if we hit it. They are such beautiful creatures.

They taste like chicken. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want a real treat, try a couple of Manatee fillets!!!

Reminds me of the guy that got busted when a park ranger found him eating the last half of a bald eagle. Well, he hauled him to jail, and the next day he was in court. The judge asked if he had anything to say before he passed judgement on him.

The guy replied, "Yes, your Honor. It was an act of survival. I went hiking a couple of weeks ago and got lost. I wandered for days and days, but couldn't find my way back to the trail head. I was near dead from starvation, when I saw this eagle sitting on a ledge below me. So, I grabbed a big rock and dropped it on his head and killed him. I didn't want to do it, but I figured it was me or the eagle, and I have a wife and kids to support. So, I half climbed, half rolled down the side of the cliff to the eagle, made a fire with my last match, and cooked it. Shortly after that, the ranger found me. If I hadn't killed and ate that eagle, I thought I might die."

The judge thought for a minute, then said, "Well, under the extenuating circumstances, I can understand your actions. Therefore, I am not going to charge you with the crime of killing an endangered species."

The man thanked the judge repeatedly, and was just about to leave the courtroom when the judge called him back to the bench. "Just out of curiosity, what does bald eagle taste like?"

The man replied, "Kind of like a cross between California Condor and Spotted Owl."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On the endangered species note:
a472-1.gif

Mingez.....Is this what you do in college? Geez I miss school. LOL. When I was in college...............................

It snowed over your head, oh wait it did that there. Well then we had to walk to class five miles away in a freezing blizzard just to get told class was cancelled. Now they actually are courteous enough to do the regualr announcement with all the schools. And even then, you always had a chance of school not being cancelled and showing up to find the prof cancelled class.All because they didn't have jeeps I tell ya.

Last edited:
The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite
fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces.

These boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the
following facts about terrorists:
1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt.
The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Sunday!

Mingez.....Is this what you do in college? Geez I miss school. LOL. When I was in college...............................

It snowed over your head, oh wait it did that there. Well then we had to walk to class five miles away in a freezing blizzard just to get told class was cancelled. Now they actually are courteous enough to do the regualr announcement with all the schools. And even then, you always had a chance of school not being cancelled and showing up to find the prof cancelled class.All because they didn't have jeeps I tell ya.

Nah, I wasted time like that during my undergrad back in 1992. Remember, I'm older than you!! :shock: Youngster!

We didn't have PC's (at least most of us) when I did my first stint of college back in the early 90's.

The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite
fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces.

These boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the
following facts about terrorists:
1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt.
The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Sunday!

Don't forget #6:
6. They don't like sleeping with sisters or cousins.

I guess Wolfie wasn't briefed on the Turkish traditions and wasn't prepared to take his shoes off :lol:

"Wanna get away?" :p

As president of the World Bank, Paul Wolfowitz is clearly not short of a buck or two. So is he just too time-poor to get down to his local mall and invest in a new pair of socks? Known for his sharp suits and hawkish views, he was snapped revealing his inner slob during a visit to the Selimiye mosque in Edirne, western Turkey. The images offered proof - if it were ever needed - that even the big toenails of the world's debatably great and good are best kept under wraps.

That News blog is yet to acquire the technology to allow olfactory as well as visual appreciation of its content is possibly a very good thing.
image-missing.png

It's 4:15am, I just woke up, and unloaded a batch of home-made jambalaya. We're expecting up to 3" of snow today. Spring seems like a wet dream to me now.

The only reason... ONLY reason I want it to be spring is because, at present, we are not working... It is far too cold for the equipment, things are breaking left and right... Sitting at home staring at the fire is lovely, but doesn't do much for the coffers :(

Back