This place was just starting to get fun

Man i never was much good at rules. I mean just the other day i was wheeling in this construction sight... Anyways yeah thnx for everything ya'll do to keep my obssession passified(<- is that even a word?).

The rules seem a little over the top. This site is 99% grown men that can police thier selves, seems like just a couple of people need to be told to calm down or leave and not ruin it for everybody else. Not trying to say anything to make anybody mad , but we all know who the problem was and probably still will be. To cut out all political threads and stuff like that is a big step to shut a couple of guys that cant control them selves up. just my op. Hope i dont get any points for stating it.

Jeepguy46176 does have a point. If this site became an only technical place it would become awfully boring since u can search the thread and find very close to anything you need to know about. I admit it was quite annoying with everything that's happened lately but a stern warning and a threat of gettin kicked off and that should be that. I personally enjoy some of the politics(as long as it stays on the topic and doesn't become mudslinging) because it's a good way to escape the media and get to see both sides of the fence so i can make my own decisions about where i stand. We're all a big family here can't we all just get along?!?

I'll have to think about this awhile..:confused:

not gonna be much fun anymore only talking about shocks.

The rules seem a little over the top. This site is 99% grown men that can police thier selves, seems like just a couple of people need to be told to calm down or leave and not ruin it for everybody else. Not trying to say anything to make anybody mad , but we all know who the problem was and probably still will be. To cut out all political threads and stuff like that is a big step to shut a couple of guys that cant control them selves up. just my op. Hope i dont get any points for stating it.

:agree:

The way I see it...we have always had the rules....I come here to have fun....I will continue to have fun....nothing has changed in my view.....unless I can only talk about shocks:?

I misread the rules the first time...
Additional Rules for all areas other than the General Chat.
So, General chat is still general chat... Keeping the others related to their purpose. My bad... this is actually a good thing.

This is why I should learn to not attempt speed reading or skimming through anything.

Last edited:
Whoa guys!
Sorry if the rules came across wrong - take a quick read again (I made changes) - the first section pertains to all the forums, and the stuff about no religion and politics is only under the:

Additional Rules for all areas other than the General Chat.

section. Politics and religion are perfectly fine for the General chat - just not in the tech forums.

Remember - this is your site, if the rules don't sound right, just let us know.

Last edited:
So if I needed to start a thread about the Pope, a Rabbi, and Bush2 walking into a bar after breaking their D35; what would be that go in the General Chat or the Tech forum? ;)

So if I needed to start a thread about the Pope, a Rabbi, and Bush2 walking into a bar after breaking their D35; what would be that go in the General Chat or the Tech forum? ;)

So long as Hitler isn't the bartender ;)

First of all, this site has always had rules. I remember writing them up a while ago, and somehow they disappeared (i think during the software change)

2ndly, there are new members joining up all the time, and we need a way to enforce the flaming, and with teeth. We've always used the "Stop flaming or go away" technique in the past, and evidentally this didn't work.

Besides, if you aren't participating in such banter (flaming, spamming, racism etc) then there's no reason to worry. I don't think "no racism allowed" is over the top. (it's happened before)

Last edited:
I don't see any rule to be out of place at all. There is no rule that is unreasonable. Most or all are based on common decency and should be standard procedure for any public commonplace. The posting of the rules as a sticky only makes it clearly known that this site has a moral code of conduct.

OK, i've replace the rules I made up with the original Jeepz.com rules that were in place before.

We're back to normal now guys - no need to poke fun at my Stanilistic rules any more :redface:

Back