Those of you with winches...

pinaplebob

Alright heres the question, I've got a Ramsey winch, and for those of you who don't know it's got a plastic plug that connects the controller to solinoid pack. My delima here is that the crappy plastic connector are junk, seems like i break one everytime I use it, and they aren't cheap at $40.00 from ramsey. This last time I went out to a trucker store and bought a metal connector set and chance it out. (Some brand named Hoppy) Well the problem with that is it does not grab the wires very well and so you have to be gentle or the wires come out of the connectors. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know of a decent set of 3-wire connectors that are durable, and hold the wires? My only guess is a trailer plug, but there has got to be a better plug out there.

I found the wireless remote from ramsey, but am unsure about spended $110.00 for something that I have never seen let allone tried.

thanks for you time and answers.

Another option would be to hard wire the winch to the vehicle with a in cab switch.

Search google, plenty of write ups on it

Pirate's good for a lot, don't let anyone tell you its not :D

Pirate's good for a lot, don't let anyone tell you its not :D
Wenzel!!!!!!!

One thing to can check into is the connectors for truss and production hoists. They have the same 3 pin controller (often referred to as a pickle) and they are always being beaten up on the road, so the parts are inexpensive. CM Loadstar makes one line that has pretty high quality components.

Just my .02

:lol: :lol: Ohh.. w"i"nch not wench... sorry:redface: :redface:
I'm in the WRONG thread.

Wench1FULL-2.jpg

Back