tire size question

mujaman

i have a 97 XJ with a 3" lift and rusty's flares with a decent bit of fender trimming. the only tire/wheel setup i have ever run is AR-767 wheels (15x7, -12mm offset, 4.0 inch backspacing) and 30x9.5 BFG AT (which actually is a 29.5 inch tire).

i have always had a LOT of extra clearance though, even at full articulation, and decided to go with a larger tire size. i purchased goodyear wrangler silentarmor LT265/75R16 tires (31.7 inch diameter and 10.5 inch width). i also upgraded to AEV 16x8 bridger wheels (+6mm offset, 4.5 inch backspacking).

the question is... will everything fit okay? different online jeep tire size charts give different recommendations for sizing... so it's hard to definitively know without just putting them on.

i'd like to hear any opinions though...

thanks!

They should fit fine, assuming you have trimmed enough in the right spots.

they fit!!!

thanks for the input bounty.

and that is a good reference to have on tire sizes... my 3" lift and fender trimming provided plenty of space for a tire just shy of 32" tall and 10.5" wide. many websites debate tire sizes for cherokees... and while i'm sure that every jeep is slightly different, i can speak from experience that mine fit just fine.

Back