Tire Tube?

captjanes

my tires are starting to crack up i am wondering if i can get tubes to go inside of them to hold them for another few months until the km2's are available here? i run 35x12.5R15

Not sure about the tubes but whatever you do don't put that green slime stuff in them. It will cause more problems than it is worth. I made the mistake of using some a few months ago and as soon as my jeep sat for any amount of time all of it collected in the bottom of the tire and as soon as I started to drive over 30 I got the death wobble. my tire guy said never to use that stuff ever again.

Good question. I use to work for Advance Auto and they had tractor trailer/ car inner tubes. I would buy them to use when it snowed and to float down the river in. From what I remember the tractor trailer would fit but I think the rim area would be too big for your 15 rim. The car would fit the rim but would be too samll to fit the tire. Unless someone else has already done this you may have to try it and see what happens. If anything you will be able to use them for the snoe or pool. Good luck

You can get tubes close to that size. Summit racing should have tubes close to that (I used to run them in my drag slicks). However, if your tires are so cracked as to be losing air, I'd be worried about them physically coming apart. Be careful!

I just remembered, the valve stems were a larger diameter, and I had to drill the rims (making them useless for conventional stems) so be aware of that.

Last edited:
I've got them from CO-OPs in larger sizes, used to run 44s on a truck and it used a 15" rim. You should be able to find some but like said above if they are cracked bad they may come apart at faster speeds.

A good tire shop can set you up with tubes, I see my tire guy do it from time to time... But as said before if they are split so bad they leak becareful...I've had many tires fly apart on
Me over the years and in a jeep it can be pretty Harry...

Back