tire wear

plarivee

my front right tire is wearing out more on the outside tread more than any tire. i brought it for a alignment and they said it didnt need one. i has 33 inch mud tires and they do wobble on the highway but have been doing it more and more lately . any ideas? should i just try to adjust the tires myself?

What kind of Jeep do you have? I would check the front ball joints for wear. I would jack the front tire off the ground and push the tire back and forth......look for any movement at the knuckle.

they had it up on the lift and told me it was all tight and i just had the "wrong tires" for my jeep. i know there not highway tires but really the one right tire shouldent be wearing out faster....

you may have a bad ball joint. and if a ball joint breaks while you are driving u could damage alot. it would b important to get that fixed ASAP. OH and find a better better shop that is trusted.

Outer and or inner thread wear indicates an issue with either a camber or toe or even both. Definitely get the tire balance check to see if that fixes the wobble then get the alignment checked after getting it checked for worn components if it needs any part replacements prior.

check the air presure over inflated tires wear and so do under inflated ,also if you jeep is lifted the tow angle is different but the highschool drop outs at firestone,good year,and big O dont take that into consideration they just go by stock specs better to take it to a off road shop

Back