TJ 4" Lift progress

Jason4x4

Hey guys,

Slowly progressing on my TJ. I just moved so things have been kinda crazy the last couple months and I haven't been able to do much with the Jeep.

I posted before and talked about my plans. Basically, without going into too much detail, I want to run a 4" short arm with a tummy tuck/SYE and selectable lockers front and rear.

I was going to try and do this all at once, but I think I've decided to do the lift first, and then worry about the axles/locker at a later time.

Here's what I currently have in my possession (keep in mind none of this is installed, it's all in my storage building):

4" Skyjacker springs
4 Skyjacker Hydro shocks (I know, not great, but will work for the short term)
Rough Country X-Flex adjustable control arms front and rear, lower AND upper.
Skyjacker dropped pitman arm, t-case drop, and associated bits/hardware that came with the Skyjacker lift.

I just ordered a Rough Country adjustable front track bar.

Also in the next few weeks I will be ordering JKS quicker sway bar disconnects. I also am going to grab a set of extended length brake lines (anybody have any recommendations?).

So the current questions are:

1) Any recommendations on the brake lines (manufacturer, etc?)

2) Should I bother with an adjustable track bar for the rear?

3) Other than the actual SYE kit/driveshaft and of course the bellypan (which will require a 1" body lift, I know this), are there any other parts I havent mentioned that I will need? In other words, am I missing anything?

4) Speaking of belly pans, anyone have experience with the ones from Skinny Pedal?? They look nice and the price is right, but haven't heard of them before.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, we didn't move very far from where we were, but I had no problems with my vehicles where we used to live. In the roughly 2 weeks we've lived here, I've already had my work van vandalized (they didn't steal anything, just damaged the outside of it). Fortunately they haven't touched the Jeep yet (or the wife's car), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like a good start. Though, check with a 4x4 shop about the brake lines. I didn't change mine and I have 6" total suspension lift with no problems.

I wouldn't bother with an adjustable rear trackbar, just make sure you get a relocation bracket designed to be used with a SYE, it's angled differently.

Consider a 1" motor mount lift along with the BL and belly up, it will help keep the driveline level, driveshaft angles happy, and your shifters correctly located.

I wouldn't bother with an adjustable rear trackbar, just make sure you get a relocation bracket designed to be used with a SYE, it's angled differently.

Consider a 1" motor mount lift along with the BL and belly up, it will help keep the driveline level, driveshaft angles happy, and your shifters correctly located.

Yeah, I was going to do the motor mount lift, I just forgot to mention it.

for brake lines, use F150 fronts on the front of your TJ, I think the year is 99 and up, Terry recently did this and can elaborate, or google search, plenty of info out there. also the rear, just use stock and move the hard line to make up the difference.

Rear trac bar is up to you. if you want, get one, if not, you can get away with stock.

get the SYE asap, it will make a world of a difference. stock T-case skid will be fine.

What would be the advantage of running the adjustable rear track bar vs. stock in this instance (4" lift)??

it will remove I shear point. when you put the bracket on, you add an extra single shear point. if you simply drive the jeep, no issue, but if you wheel it, it can fail. plus it does not allow you to fine tune your axle placement.

Another question: If I end up getting the adjustable rear track bar, do I still need the bracket? Or does the adjustability negate the need for the bracket?

Back