TJ mileage

LRwrnglr

Now i know i could read about this but im wantim some answers quick so i might be able to buy it. But what would a TJ with a 1" body lift, stock AT tires, and a K&N intake system get? Maybe 17 or no? Thanks

LR

If it has been well maintained I would think 17 mpg is very likely, definitely on the highway.

Thanks, I'm still lookin at a Libby. I know, Libby Vs. TJ, theres no competition, but.....parents put in a considerable chunk of dough towards it so I gotta please them too. I drove the TJ tonight and it drives out excellent so hopefully it all comes out. Thanks

LR

So..........you lookin' at newbs ('07's)?????? Don't know about that V-6.........but I'm thinkin' they went with that to improve the mpg. As for the I-6...........kinda depends on how you drive it, like anything else. Glad to hear it's all about JEEP anyway! Good luck!

I have a budget of under under like $13,000 so not really lookin at an 07. I would look at an unlimited if i had the money though. Yeah i dont have a REAL heavy right foot so hopeuflly the mileage wont be too bad.

LR

Well, I filled up my 4 banger yesterday, and for my daily driving it is giving me 19.68 mpg... And although I do not drive pedal to the metal (we drive Jeeps, not Ferraris!), I do not drive like an old lady either!!! ;)

Well, I filled up my 4 banger yesterday, and for my daily driving it is giving me 19.68 mpg... And although I do not drive pedal to the metal (we drive Jeeps, not Ferraris!), I do not drive like an old lady either!!! ;)
That's about what I got in my '92 YJ (2.5L, 5 speed).

Wow, you guys got good milage this those 2.5's My old one got me 12 on the hwy and 15 in town, god rest its soul.

Jeeperwilly,

Was your 2.5L fuel injected? If not, it could be the reason...

Felipe

Yup sure was, A 92 and then I put a 95 2.5 in. The 95 got slightly better milage but I sold it shortly after. The first engine was pretty old and tired. It had been through a ton. It was actually completely swamped at one point and time. Thats actually how I found this board, but thats a different story for another time....

Back