Too plain/rustic?

Poseidon17

Looking for a used jeep. I'm probably getting a YJ. Thing is, i'v seen the dash, and it looks a tad plain. No glove compartment, do they have A/C radio or other features? Just looks like odometers and gauges in a neat little row.

You're missing what jeeps are all about. You want a pretty dash? Go buy a pretty car. Jeeps are about functionality. Those guages are there so that you can keep an eye on your engine--instead of having an idiot light come on when the problem has already passed the point of being dealt with easily. They're there so that when you're struggling up a hill piled with rocks, scraping the belly of your vehicle across bolders and across the carcasses of lesser vehicles that didn't make it, you can see that your engine is overheating, or that you knocked a hole in your oilpan, or that your alternator just crapped out, or whatever, before your engine leaps from its mounts, goes flying through your hood, and lands in an ugly mess in the seat next to you (or at least before you put a rod through the crankcase).

I thought YJ's had glove boxes. Even my CJ has one (well, to be honest, it has a door to one with an open space behind it, but I digress). Yes, plenty of them have radios. Again, not all had them installed. Because of the open nature of the jeep, many folks will keep radios and other valuables in lock boxes, rather than hanging on the dash. Just one price to pay for owning the coolest vehicle in the world.

Honestly, consider what you're looking for in a vehicle. If you want a nice-looking vehicle that gives a smooth ride, premium sound, low road noise, and lots of security for your loot, DON'T BUY AN OPEN AIR JEEP!!! Even the TJ won't meet these standards. Good luck on the search.

------------------
1974 CJ-5
Chevy 350, T-18
Locked F & R

As said above Jeeps are the greatest vehicle in the world. YJ's have glove boxes, radios and AC. Although the best AC is top off @65.
The stock AC takes up a lot of interior space and it is not worth it in my opinion
image-missing.png

------------------

Life is a journey, take it.

Back