Took my Jeep over 65mph yesterday

Off road ?

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

Haha - no, highway. I hit a section that was kind of "washboard", and wobbling ensued. Unlike.

I see absolutely no reason to ever go that fast in my Jeep. Whatever or where ever it is that I am going to will be there when I get there.

mine will do 95 or 100 but whats the point. my 11mpg drops to about 4 and i have nothing left in the interior that started with me on the trip. all drinks fly out, my hat is gone, sometimes the soccer ball is still in there. and half my gas is gone.

I don't usually go faster than 55mph - I'm also in no hurry. I've learned just to leave 10 minutes sooner than I used to. I just happened to not like the way it was handling, and looked down to find it was at about 68mph. It made me remember the philosophy of "I'll be there when I get there." :)

If I'm on the interstate I'm usually at about 70 mph. I also usually have the windows out and sometimes doors off. Pretty windy but smooth riding.

Haha I do no more than 40 in mine because at that point it turns into a death trap and I get gallons to the mile over 40!

I got mine up to 70 once, then I lost my nerve and backed off. They weren't built for speed were they?

superj said:
if gas was still a dollar, i would drive at 75 to 80.

If gas was still $1 the sped limit would still be 55.... ;-) perfect jeep world;-)

LilRedYJ said:
If gas was still $1 the sped limit would still be 55.... ;-) perfect jeep world;-)

Aaaaactualy, if gas were $1, there would be no need for the 55mph speed limit since the true reason for the limit was conservation of fuel. 55mph was designated as the speed at which fuel consumption is most efficient. Jeep engineers were spot-on when creating a ride whose top speed is at the most fuel-efficient level. Too bad the gas mileage still sucks. Ha!

Lol, the only time my Jeep can get to 60/65 is downhill, with a strong tail wind and drafting a semi (75-100' works on those huge things, screw getting any closer) OR when it is being towed.

Bacon

Back