Trac-bar question

xjpioneer

I got a new cherokee. It has a worn out 3 inch lift and i put a 2.5 inch spacer in the front, I know that it is recomended to get an adjustable tracbar, but do you really need it. or can you get by without it.!!

2.5" spacers on top of sagged 3" lift coils? Do I have that right?

Yeah you need an adjustable trackbar. Rusty's has good prices on a pretty much trouble-free one.

You can get by with redrilling the lower mount towards the driver's side, parallel with the old hole. For my 5.5" springs, I cut and sleeved an OEM trackbar.

you should actually be fine without one... at least for a while. if you run into problems (steering wander, death wobble, whatever else), you can always pick one up then.

No, don't drive an XJ or any jeep with a similar design coil front suspension without a front track bar. It's an integral part of the 5-link suspension.

sorry i was unclear on what i said...

i did not mean that you don't need a tracbar at all... i meant that you don't need to get an ADJUSTABLE tracbar right away. you should be fine with the one that you have is what i was getting at. you may eventually find that your steering starts to wander or you get the death wobble... but if you don't have any problems as of right now, don't worry about it.

[dude i have one....but it is stock, i just wanted to know if i needed to upgrade or if i could get by without one for a while, but i think that im just going to move it over a little

Back