Transformation Nearly Complete...pics

About time I chimed in here.

Looks sweet. You're right on about your buddy being good with his bender. Nice looking work.

As far as you guys having kids, don't worry! I have 5 and have had time to go wheelin, albeit not as often. Soon they'll be riding shotgun and they will be a reason to go instead of a reason not to ;)

Johnny, didn't know you and Mrs. JPS were expecting. Congrats to the both of you!!!

(quick work - heck, at that rate you could wind up a bigger family than we are hehehe)

I'm going to try something here, bear with me...
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...lucky for T.C.

currupt4130 said:
wow that looks incredible. great work
X2!, and the CJ looks great as well.

(you were talking about the self hosted and posted pics, right?)
:purple:

When, exactly, dwould be a good time for me to drop off mine so you can get started???

Yes, I was speaking of me finally learning how to host pics.
You can drop off that Cherokee and a few grand and we'll get it hooked right up.
I'm thinking matching coils in the rear with Sunray 9" axles all around.

Well, she's nearly complete. All that is left is to bleed the brakes, fill with coolant and take it to the exhaust shop. When she gets back from getting exhaust I will finish up the tube fenders and get them mounted.
How much is 3 truck loads of rocks for the backyard?

I got the exhaust done saturday. The shop did a great job. We used two Dynomax turbo something or others with 2.5" tubing. The exhaust exits through the rear bumper on either side of the D-ring shown above. It's pimpin for sure.
Anyway, I was itching to get her out and see how well the engine ran now that it has some exhaust. I am more than pleased and it handles great going down the road even without front shocks or having yet tuned the airshocks in the rear. I think we nailed the suspension on the first try. The best part is that it will roast the brand new 42's on dry pavement in 2wd high range. I was very impressed with the way it melted the stickers off. I should have gotten it on video. The neighbors love me.
I'll post more pics when the fenders are painted and bolted on.

It's getting there. I have to finish prepping the homemade half doors and one fender before painting. It will be off to Gray Rock on April 22.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Man, that thing came together great! good job, I can't wait till you post pictures of it on its lid :D. What springs are you running up front?

Off Road Connection 2.5" YJ springs. They are designed with 9 thin leaves in the pack and are military wrap. They ride great and hold up well in SOA form. They have been on there about 3 years with no problems.
I opted to keep the leaves up front for the stability they provide on the road even though it sees little road use.
BTW...the wheelbase turned out to be 117". The flat skidplate on the transfer case is the lowest point on the undercarriage at 24". The differentials both have 11.75" of clearance with 3 psi in the tires.

Earlier you asked for comments?!?! Like what...we hate you!
You don't deserve a good looking jeep like that...(so I will come over and take it off your hands).
Keep it up Red and we will all come over and TP your house for having a nice looking rig that that...

Please note to everyone in the TP party As I stated in those private E-Mails I will not be buying the bathroom stenography paper...you have to provide your own!

Oh and Red...we have all voted and elected you to provide the large quantity of beer after the TP party...congrats

You'll never get away with it! I have an 8 pound, trained attack poodle that lets me know when we have visitors.
Any time you guys want to visit, I will provide the beer.

Update:
Everything was completed on Friday May 14th minus the half doors. I went and tested it on saturday with two friends of mine at Morris Mountain ORV in Heflin, AL (the fender paint was still wet). I was impressed to say the least. I told my buddies that I wanted to ride around on some mild stuff first just to make sure that the alternator, water pump, etc were going to work fine. So what do they do??...head straight for the hardest stuff out there. It was off the trailer for 5 minutes before I climbed a 3 story rock wall with it. It was tense at the top, but I stayed in the skinny pedal and we made it over. From there it was on. We hit all the hardest stuff out there in 5 hours with no breakage.
I didn't take pics, but one of the passengers did. I'll try to get my hands on them soon and post up.
Heading to Gray Rock this weekend. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Still no pics. Trying to get them forwarded to me.
We went to Gray Rock over the weekend where the Jeep got a formal pounding and passed with flying colors. The area had 10" of rain over the week prior and caused me to use the skinny pedal on several occasions. The 5.3 is one nice little motor. The throttle response and control are awesome. It revs up quickly too. The combination of engine, wheelbase and new tires has made it one tough trail machine and so easy to drive.
Two weekends of pounding in a row and the only problem I have is an old u-joint that sounds like it needs replacing. Carnage so far is limited to a dented skid plate and front driveshaft is now missing some paint.

I am quite late chiming in on this here. I haven't been around too much lately... I am loving it very much and I'm very impressed. Great work

Back