Transmission Question

thomasw

Hey everyone, I have a 97 cherokee 4x4 with 137,000 miles, I found a
2000 Jeep cherokee 4wd automatic transmission and converter with 30,000 miles miles on it, but the guy says that is will only fit 1999-2001 howso? wont it fit my 97 auto also??

for reference, my transmissions model number is : 30-43LE
serial number 97A E 78213

if it helps the guy posted some numbers about the transmission im lookin at, its as follows:

Stock #: 21667
Tag #: 63529
IC#: 3265

although i think those are just internal inventory numbers, i dont know! :roll:

ok now ive run into a problem... i spoke with the guy who has the 00' transmission , he gave me the numbers off the transmission and they are as follows:
Model 30-43LE
4210 AB

so i then called the dealership here in town to find out about that "AB" cause mine dont have that marking, he looked it up extensivly and said he doesnt know what the deal is with that, he said it could be a wiring difference or there may be no difference, and advised me to get on the message boards and see if anyone can help me...so please help! thanks guys

Hi,

I don't know much about the transmissions used in the late model Cherokees. Keep in mind though that 1997 was the year when the cherokees were modified in body style, components, etc...

-Nick :!:

Ask the XJ experts on the forums at www.naxja.org if you don't find the answer here. If we can't get you the answer, we might as well point you in the right direction, right?

Back