TUB ROT!

gonzo891

my tub is shot after i flipped my jeep there is nothin left of the motor mounts it's dead it might last me a little while just driveing on the street but off roading is out of the question. anyway, has anyone every put on a new tub? i was wondering what you have to do and how to take the old one off and put the new one on. any help would be great[addsig]

Its not to hard the hardest part is remembering where all the wiring goes...remove all the body mounting bolts, the steering wheel, all the pedals, seats brackets, pretty much all the comonsense things you can pretty much and the things that are on the fire wall battery , master cylinder ect.............goood luck :-O :-O [addsig]

Take lots of pictures! Draw diagrams and label parts and wires! I had my whole Jeep apart with all the parts in zip lock bags in my house! You will think you can remember where everything goes, but it's hard. You will hit snags in your project that will make it take longer. This is where your memory will fade!
New body parts will be close, but not exact. My replacement dash had all holes pre-drilled. However, they were not always the right size or in the exact place! TIP: Put masking tape on all wires and label where they go. Good luck! :-D [addsig]

Back