vac pix plz

MT_D

Ok I have a 89 yj 4.2 auto. Just got it over a month ago and I've worked out my transmission problem, but now to the hard part ...... vacuum lines. I bought a Haynes manual, but its not near as good as a Chiltons especialy when it comes to the vac system (the haynes was reprinted in 2009 and there are still parts that say " the warrenty still covers this item take it to the dealer" so they are not up to date). Anyway the previous owner decided to replumb the vac system in a crappy type of way. I know most of it is pointless, but i kind of would like to put it back as stock as I can. I do plan on dropping a 2000 jeep chero eng into it sometime with in the next year (when i get money). For now i need it to run so I do my traveling. I enjoy your guys input. Pix of a stock 4.2 showing how the vac is suppost to be ran would be nice. I have a chiltons of the CJ7 is the vac setup the same maybe i can use it as a guide.

Usually there is a drawing of the proper routing somewhere under the hood.

Look online for the Factory Service Manual. I think the '89 is available to downoad from 4bangerjp.com, but I am not sure...

Back