Vacuum Thing :?|

88YJ6

Hey not really sure what I am talking about, but I noticed that I have two vacuum things one green one yellow mounted to the tub at the back of the engine compartment. The green one has had the vacuum tube mount thing break off and I think it is affecting my EGR because that is where the tube leads. I know this is super ambiguous, ask some questions and Ill answer them as best I can.

Thanks
:?|

Can you post a pic? Are they near the battery?

There is one vacuum line that ends in a vent cap near the battery, it's a vent from the transfer case and, athough it looks like something is wrong, it is fine.

The '88 also has vacuum lines to a switch on the firewall to activate the 4wd light on the dash, lines come from the front axle.

Does this help any:
image-missing.png

yeah i got those in the chiltons i have but am not very good at decifering what they mean...but ill work on some pics

yeah ok... sorry it took so long. it looks to me, if i am reading the diagram right which i reall dont know if i am because what the picture shows isnt exactly what i have in my jeep, but i want to say it is one of the P/air check valves, im guessing down because it is on the right if i am looking at it from the grill, facing the tub.

also bounty whered you get the nice diagrams

I believe I still have mine, after I went with the Howell TBI. I will part with it after I pass smog, due in Feb. I have a few Jeep junk yards near me, I'll check em out for you.

Back