vibration due to 1.75" lift

Eddie4x4

I have installed a 1.75" suspension spacer lift on my 01 TJ. There is a little increased vibration and I have noticed that the back end tends to have a little more wiggle than before. Any ideas on resolving these problems. Or, are they actually problems. Not 100% happy with the lift.

Do you have the vibs at idel in nutral or only under power. f you have a vib in nutral at idel check your motor mounts to see if you have any metal to metal contact there also check to see if the lift set the transmission ortransfer down to the metal on the skid plate. Good luck. Just a thought tug

Tug, thanks for the reply. The vibration is while accelerting. A harder acceleration produces more vibration. My first concern is the angle of the rear drive shaft and U joints. I have just under 40K on my Saharra. It has original shocks an U joints. Any ideas?

I would drop the T-case a bit (use some washers). The necessary drop will eliminate your vibes if you are getting them from excessive driveshaft angle.

Cherokee clutch problem

You shouldn't be getting that vibration from a 1.75" spacer lift....I will do a little more checking for you but the one we put on USMPK9's jeep worked fine....Hmmmmmmmm

check to see if your Ujoints are good... make sure they have no play in them, and make sure they are bolted down good

Never had a vice after installing a spacer lift. May be a bad rear ujoint, a problem rearing it's head since it's operating at a different angle than it has for years.

Back