warn winch 8274 pros and cons anybody

helleo all i just aquired a warn 8274 winch unsure when it was made i did some tinkering and got it working i no longer have my jeep so im going to put it on the toyota its an 8000lb do ya think this will be big enough for the truck for sale 026.JPGfor sale 026.JPGfor sale 026.JPGjohnsonsmudbog 269.JPG

I don't think anyone is interested in this thread, sorry.

Hey 83-cj-7=383-stroker,
Good to see you're still around eventhough your CJ7 is no longer with us. Too bad you never found a worthy Cj to replace it. As to your question...I never owned a 8274,but all I've aver heard is that they are tough as can be & almost impossible to break. The only issue I've ever heard anyone knock them on is the weight. I would think a mounting on the Toyota might be tough,but I'm sure it would be no harder than your old snowblower-on-the-CJ set up. Good luck & let us know how it works out.

I run an 8274 on my YJ, it was manufactured in '75 and still works very well. A great benefit is you can still get parts for them, and the super fast line speed.

I run an 8274 on my YJ, it was manufactured in '75 and still works very well. A great benefit is you can still get parts for them, and the super fast line speed.

thanx for the info bounty hunter how do u put them in free spool? i can seem to get this one in neautrel

just located a shop that sells parts for this old beast of a winch getting it mounted and wired in this weekend and takeing her out and testing it on a steep hill we have thats all big rocks

Simply pull the clutch lever. Sometimes it helps to move the brake drum by hand to take the gears out of a bind to allow it to freespool.

Back