Water Apearing In passenger Side Floor?

Digitaljeep

Hi All,

Yesterday I came to get in my jeep and there was i large puddle of water in the passenger side floow well, My jeep is parked on a steep hill so it made its way to the back passenger well.

I checked the roof (hard top) and around the doors but i couldnt see any signs of a leak and the seats and dash bord were dry. It seems as if it might be coming from behind the dash board on the passenger side.

I does rain very heavy here at this time of year so i think it must be something to do with that but where shoudl i start to look for this leak??

Any advice would be great.

Thankyou

One of a few possibilites. The drain hose in the vent in your hood has clogged(very common), the seal at the bottom of your windshield has started leaking(also common), or check the paint in the groove between the tub and the front end. Although I haven't heard of it happening to anybody else my paint was cracked right there and letting water run down behind the dash into my floorboard. A couple coats of clear fingernail polish cured it. Good luck finding your leak.

I end up with water on both sides. On my YJ it is coming through at the top of the wing windows.

Go to the car wash and have someone spray around the windows while you sit inside and you will see just exactly where the water is coming in at.

One of a few possibilites. The drain hose in the vent in your hood has clogged(very common), the seal at the bottom of your windshield has started leaking(also common), or check the paint in the groove between the tub and the front end. Although I haven't heard of it happening to anybody else my paint was cracked right there and letting water run down behind the dash into my floorboard. A couple coats of clear fingernail polish cured it. Good luck finding your leak.

Hi

Thanks for the ideas for the leak, I will check the vent in the hood first thing tomorrow.

Not quite sure what you mean by the paint between the tub and the front end could you explaine exactly where you mean.

Thanks for taking the time to help it is very appreciated

To get to the tube for the vent, open the hood and look close to the firewall. Just a black rubber hose. I'll snap a picture of the cracked area for you once it stops raining here.

Last edited:

It was a leaky windshield seal for me. They installed it wrong at the factory, so that it was in lopsided (1/8" of it stuck out from under the windshield frame on the pax side). I made the mistake of trying to get Jeep to fix it since it's still under warranty.

Attempt #1 by the morons was a bead of caulk on top of the seal. Didn't solve the problem of the extra bit sticking out, and glued my windshield closed.

Attempt #2 was to break the seal of caulk, and slide the seal over like they could have done in the first place. However, there was no way in hell that this was going to keep the wind, much less water out now that there was a blob of silicone in the way. They suggested using more silicone. I pointed out the error of their ways using only four letter words, and....

Attempt #3 solved the problem by replacing the seal with a new one.

Lesson learned... just because I know how to fix the problem, doesn't mean that they do too.

To get to the tube for the vent, open the hood and look close to the firewall. Just a black rubber hose. I'll snap a picture of the cracked area for you once it stops raining here.

Hi

Thanks for the info, My internet has been off for a while and i havent been able to check the thread... Any chance you managed to take a pic of what you are talking about? .. sorry to be a pain.

One other thing is it only is happening in heavy rain.

Thanks

Hey I have the foot bath option also
Had the jeep for over a week now
Mine is the door weather stripping and many other seals( I going to just order a whole seal kit)

I like to run in deep water and mud so a undercoated/aluminum floor new floor is in the works for the spring

Another thing to go into the pile of parts for Beef Day(march 1st)

Well I had a gap because my windshield was to far forward. Loosened the bolts on the cage and slid the bars back and the seals are good n tight now. So no mo leaks(I'm a big boy now).
So yea look at the area around the top front of your doors

Back