water in auto transmission

freido

Re: RE: "Status", post counts, and problems therei

2000 jeeptj 4cylautomatic having trouble with water getting in transmission when going through holes anyone know the solution pleeeeease help

Go through shallower holes! Problem solved! :lol:

JK...sorry I couldn't resist.....
:twisted:

RE: Re: RE: ```````For sale in NE Ohio````````

just drain it geta flush dont drive it till u do that it will be fine just gets a little expensive

The manual trannies get wet too. You have to change oils, fluids, grease fittings U joints, on it all after you go wheeling.

Sorry freido, there's no way around it getting wet in the deep mudholes and water crossings. I wish there were.

One Jeep OEM Aluminum Wheel, 15x7

If your getting water in your auto transmission, you must be going threw some deep a$$ holes! One trick, take the transmission dip stick out.. and plug the filler with something that will not let water seap in. if it is comin in through somewhere else... perhaps there is a bad seal somwhere, is the filling plug properly in place, questions like this would be something to look at.

Upon further inspection, they make seal kits for this transmission, so... i am wondering if the seals prematurly going south is a predominant issue.

hmmm your supposed to change u joints and oils and all that mess after a day of wheeling TC? shoot my jeep shouldnt be running...

jps4jeep said:
Upon further inspection, they make seal kits for this transmission, so... i am wondering if the seals prematurly going south is a predominant issue.
Auto trannies are very succeptable to water damage regardless of the condition of the seals.

Bounty__Hunter said:
jps4jeep said:
Auto trannies are very succeptable to water damage regardless of the condition of the seals.

Thanks BH, never owned a auto before.

RE: Wondeful Beast

thanx for all the help good ideas appreciate it

If you have trouble with u-joints and stuff like that after water crossings then you might want to consider marine grease. It's very water-resistant and has a lot in common with high-temp disc brake grease (500F drop point!). Um...Is it necessary to flush manual trannies and differentials when they get water in them, or is it ok to just replace the oil?

RE: Re: Where Have Been a few Jeepz members?

you have to flush the transmission cause u cannot get the water out of torque conv by draing it

Back