weber carb or motorcraft 2100 on 258

The 2100 is better on power and economy, so I've heard. They are really easy to work on. I just bought a CJ7 with a 2100 and the previous owner didn't tune it correctly, so I'm stewing over what to do with it. :x I just can't get it configured correctly. Oh yeah, the 1.08 is the best for a 258. Maybe you can have some more luck. :?|

I have both (one on each Jeep). Weber has more power and is a bolt on deal. MC2100 is easier to tune and cheaper. If you want power and have the $$$ get the weber. If you just want a better carb and are $$$ concious get the MC2100.

2150 reportedly works a lot better at angles than the weber, and easier to tune. You will need a Mr. Gasket adapter plate to bolt it on.

The MC is much easier to tune. I've never had any problem with my Weber running on inclines, but it isn't as easy to work on/ tune as the MC2100. The Weber will absolutely ROOOAAR when you floor it. The motorcraft is a lot better than the BBD, but it doesn't have the power that the weber has.

over all the weber is the better JEEP carb. it isn't angle sensitive. it will work almost up to a 90 degree vertical angle where traditional carbs fail. Ive run them in single and dual configurations on the 258 over the years, you cant go wrong with them.

Back