Well, a drug dealer is free again.

dropseys

I got into a fight with a drug dealer i was arresting last night, and it was a knock down, drag out fight for about 10 mins til we got more units on hands. He was sprayed, batoned, and physically fought with the entire time. End result, during the fight him and i fell down a flight of stairs in the apartment building and i hit my head on the concrete floor, getting a nice concussion, but we still got him. The entire time the neighborhood accused us of brutality and they were going to have our jobs etc etc. Now during the fight he kept stirpping out of his clothing trying to get away and ended up naked. I also losy a pair of handcuffs, my name tag and collar pins. this afternoon i get a call from the department because he was asking where his rolex went. I told them he did not have one when we went to the jail so i have no idea. He is accusing me of stealing it, but never mind the fact that we were fighting from the parking lot, across the yard, into an apartment building, down stairs, out the back door and into the rear yard of this ghetto housing developement. I so hate these freaking people. to top it off he was charges with assault on 4 officers, resisting arrest, DUI, fleeing and eluding, plus 2 outstanding warrants. HE posted his $85,000 bond in cash and is back on the road only 2 hours after i left the hospital. I screwed upp my back, have a concussion, and i am severley hurting from the spill down the stairs and the fight from hell with this beast, 6'4", 250 lean LBS. And to think i was commiting brutality, and i stole his $9,000 rolex? God i love our society, too bad he probably won't show for court and will fight the next group of officers who try to arrest him. Please keep in mind that when you see my fellow officers on the road, we can get slightlly agitated and are very cautious with people, this is why.

That sucks. Best thing that can happen in that situation is for one of his rival gang bangers to shoot that jackass and be done with it. Course when that happens innocent people get caught up in the middle more often than not. Until our court systems start putting these violent guys away and keeping them there things won't change. I'm sick of supporting them in prison too. Put them there and make them raise their own food. If they don't work let them starve. That would put a little fear in them. This country has tied our police forces hands behind their backs. The criminals know all they have to do is get a media outlet and they'll have their get-out-of-jail-free card. Hope you feel better and I appreciate the sacrifice you make with your job (my neighbor is a cop and I see what he does day in day out and it makes you realize what all you guys put up with).

RE: If I want to make a steering arm...

In a world where everything can be gained and lost, your heart and your soul are yours to hold or yours to give away. No one can take them without your consent.

Don't let it make you lose heart.

RE: wanna see your house

Just keep up the good work, bud. I've lost 3 friends in law enforcement over the years: Bud Pribbenow was a state trooper shot during a "routine" traffic stop, David Johnson was a sheriff's deputy killed when a prisoner being transferred to court grabbed a jailer's gun and shot him, and Kevin Easter was a sheriff's deputy that was stabbed in the back during a domestic violence call.

I always wave to cops on the road, and once was pulled over for it. He asked me if I was being a smart@ss. I told him why I wave, because I respect the job they do, and used to rely heavily on them for support when I worked EMS. He kinda chuckled and acted embarassed and told me thanks.

Anyone in the Pittsburg, PA area?

I've got a family member who is on the sheriffs department/ DEA joint task force. There are some VERY determined drug dealers out there! I'm amazed at some of the stories I hear. I also have some friends who have been on the other side of this issue, and they have just as many bad stories.
I'm totally against our current drug laws. One of the worst parts is that they take advantage of our police officers who want to actually go out and clean up the streets, and puts them in a situation where they are facing danger that shouldn't even exist. I'd fight too if you were taking away my $500 a night income, and I was stupid enough to end up in a situation where my only other option was being the fry guy at McDonalds. The suits in government and the drug dealers are the only ones who benefit from our "War" on drugs. The victims are the taxpayers who fund it and the police who have to fight it. If that guy hadn't gotten out, his supplier would have put an even more determined dealer in his place.....probably will anyway, he's a "marked" player now. He was obviously a violent guy and needed to be off the streets. Sucks that he got out.

Sorry to hear about your bad night.

That's crazy! Here your "all in a days work" is helping to keep people safe and make the world a better place, and you're getting fingers pointed at you... I hope you're feeling a little better after you fell down the stairs. The holiday season has 2 sides; the best in people come out, and also the worst, unfortunately... I'm just glad to know that there are people like you to keep the balance... Don't let it get you down...

Don't lose sight that some us DO appreciate the service you give, and really try our best to keep you safe.
Those of us who keep our hands on the steering wheel to make you comfortable, explain that we need to go to our back pocket to get our wallet, and our glove box to get our information. There are some of us who understand, and do try to make your evenings feel safer.

That is a terrible story you have told, I am sorry that things like this happen.

Only in the ghetto would neighbors heckle & fight with you, over in my neck of the woods we would all want a piece of the fucker! (okay how is it I typed in F#@KER and "intelligent individual" auto fills in......... c'mon Mr. Moderator, is F#@KER that bad a word! I really said F#@KER everyone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Speaking of Christmas...

Hold him 2 hours then spring him. Let his boys wonder how he got out so fast.

I have a friend that's a CT Trooper, he always says, "I didn't see what color they were" (profiling's a big thing here).

RE: Time for a new game for the season. Slingshot Santa

Dropseys, my son is a cop and K-9 handler (patrol and drug dog). In the beginning of my son’s career, he too would come home with stories to tell that were much like your story – and sometimes the bumps, bruises and black eyes to punctuate a story.

I could only reassure him and tell him to have faith in himself, and the job he was doing.

There is justice in this world, but justice sometimes takes a while to be dispensed, and justice is at times dispensed outside of the criminal justice system.

In time, my son came to believe and understand.

Have faith -- your nemesis will eventually receive what he deserves. In the interim, continue to believe in yourself, the system – flawed though it might sometimes seem -- and the job you are doing.

Your efforts and those of your fellow peace officers everywhere are recognized and appreciated.

Cop Dad Gadget

Damn Dirty Cops, always screwing innocent people just to get their rocks off............ been a cop for 14 years, there is no justice these days, the courts are F'd and criminals have more rights than the victims/LEO. screw the F'n Liberals and the ACLU....... I hope you recover well and meet that SOB again, make sure he trips and lands on the hood of the patrol car two or three times for me. :D

RE: YJ hard top/doors

Sorry was I not being politically correct again?

Dang,

I don't think I can respond more eloquently than TC:
In a world where everything can be gained and lost, your heart and your soul are yours to hold or yours to give away. No one can take them without your consent.

Don't let it make you lose heart.

Good words to live by.

You guys are hero's...even an F'n Liberal like me thinks so. :wink:

Keep fighting the good fight, and heal up. Accusing you of stealing a Rolex??? Give me a break.

RE: Slip Yoke

What matters most is that you were on the right side of the law, and deep down you know that it will make a difference, even if it's as minor as the dirtbags bond being twice as high next time he fails to show for court.

Keep up the good work, what else we gonna do?

RE: Slip Yoke

The other side of the coin. Was a proffesional soldier, just got out of months in a VA hospital, just finished my physical theropy. Third Purple Heart. Was walking my dog on the beach, poor judgement, the beach was crowded that day. Was confronted by half a dozen, L.A. County Sheriffs, told me to leave the area, it was private property (closest house was 150 yards away, rich people). Told the Sheriffs I was gonna get my dog, he said if I didn´t leave, I was going to jail. Went after my dog, got hit by a cowboy in a police car, bounced off the side and roof 4-5 times, by a midget Cop, thrown to the ground, jumped on by 4-5 sheriffs, fractured skull, fractured cheek bone, two teeth knocked out. Cops lied in court, said I resisted arrest (though the judge wasn´t buying it). Afterword thought I should have fought, I was gonna pay the price anyway. Never saw my dog again. Back in the hospital, had some brain damage, that took years to kind of heal.
Military marksman, division rifle team, taught pistol and hand to hand. Also taught hasty demolitions in Bad Tolz, what they call IED´s now on days. Really thought hard about getting even, decided it was immoral to make the Cops survivors, suffer for there charactor flaws.
Think I showed an amazing amount of restraint, I was seriously pxssed.
Promised myself, next time a Cop took his frustrations out on me, somebody was gonna die. Got three years probabtion (Judge figured he had to support the Police), that cost me at least two promotions.
Point is, some criminals are made, they arn´t born that way.
I used to train with the Police at the local Dojo, we shot at the same pistol range. Was a time when I probably would have helped a cop if he was in trouble. Now I just stay as far away as possible. Though I sure wouldn´t hesitate to testify, if I saw some Cop beating on somebody unnecesarily.
Should have seen the looks on the cops faces when they saw two Beverly Hills lawyers show up at the Police station and found out my Dad was one of there bosses. Didn´t do my head or my disposition any good. Still detest Cops in general.
Judge advised me to get out of town for awhile, just in case. Took his advice, left the city, the county and the country haven´t been back since. Sold my house to a junky, just for laughs.
Wasn´t my only run in with the police, I look like a bad guy, in the genes. Seems to bring out the worst, in many of the bad guy wanna be´s.
Really got to wonder about there smarts, I still shoot 4" groups at 500 meters. Seriously, one way to lower the threat level is to not pxss off the population, unnecessarily.

I know guys like that MC, and its a shame that people like that are allowed to carry a badge. not all cops are good, and those of us that are find it harder and harder each day to do our jobs because of bad cops giving the public a bad impression of LEO,as you can tell form dropseys story where the public sides the the criminal and accuses a good cop of doing wrong. the frustration you speak of is all too real in Law Enforcement, and that frustration comes from incompetent court system and the criminals we fight and risk our lives to apprehend get kicked loose with a slap on the hand, then when they go out and kill someone its the cops fault for not doing thier job. Then you have the media takning all the bad stuff cops/soldiers, do and put it on TV and replay it every 30min brainwashing the public into thinking all of us are that way, but they never show the good things we do because it lowers the rating$. Where does it all end?

No offense mingez, just venting...

Jeepz Birthday Chat (December 20th Monday)

It's a shame you stereotype all cops. No loss on this end, although I'd surely help you if you needed it, regardless of your appearance.

RE: General brake question

Just to use an analogy to clarify a position. Recently snaked out onto the ice to rescue a hunting dog (youngster) that broke through the ice. Dumb, but I just couldn´t stand to see it drown. Everything turned out OK, just got cold and wet.
If it would have been a Dobberman, I probably would have left it, afraid it would chew me up, while I was trying to help it. I´ve got the scars from encounters with Dobbermans.
I grew up with Cops and Border patrol. Attitude was slow in forming, but like most oldsters, once you got an attitude you usually die with it.
Oldest daughter took up with a Cop, didn´t take me long to figure out he was a psycho, told her to leave him alone, guy had a dark soul. She figured out what was going on, the hard way, he is off the force now, they figured it out after I and my daughter did.
Much of the problem is the bad cops, turn the some of the young ones to the dark side (Obi Wan :D ). It´s a sickness that grows, some departments are worse than others. Much is just lack of good leadership, seen it in the military also.

Mudderchuck,
Very true.. there are always 2 sides to every story. Sorry about your run in's. Unfortunately, your story isn't as uncommon as we'd hope. I've seen it and experienced it myself. But I still think the majority of cops are good people with good intentions. The problem is, the few rotten cops that there are ruin it for those trying to serve justly.

No offense mingez, just venting...
None taken.
For 2 reasons:

1- I'm used to it.:wink:

2- In this case, I agree with you. I think the Lib's and ACLU have there heads up their collective arse. :shock:

But situations like the one Mudderchuck presented happen and are just as attrocious. It's all a vicious cycle.

I've been on both sides of the story, in the long run, police and firemen ,and our servicemen are doing a hell of a job!!!!! One I would not care to do. They all risk their lives everyday. Remember there is bad and good everything. A crooked accountant can really cost you for a lifetime. 8) 8) God bless those in uniform. I sure wouldn't want to call a crackhead if someone was breaking into my house.

Back