Well, I have started

Who_Cares

Stripping the Tub of the TJ so that I can put a bedliner in.

I have found DuPont's version of the roll-on bedliner. Any one have any issues with the Dupont vs Herculiner?

Terry, would you like Progression Pictures for the "How-To's?"

I can start at the freshly scored stage.

I have redone my jeep with Hurculiner from that Dupont stuff, It hasn't held up as good as the Hurc has, on say bare metal that takes tons of abuse (i.e. bumpers, rocker sliders). But my Rocker knockers was done in the Dupont bed liner and have held up for over 2 years now, but I had them shot blasted and dipped in primer before I added the DuPont bed liner.

I'd like to see a few pictures/tips from the project. I plan on doing the same thing to my TJ when time & $$$ permit.

I'd like to see a few pictures/tips from the project. I plan on doing the same thing to my TJ when time & $$$ permit.

Roger roger

Will post a full fledged write up then :) with Tools needed +

:edit:
And to let you know, Time is the only real constraint. I had the tools and the bedliner is $45 bucks for the Dupont Kit. $41 for just a second gallon which I will use for my truck.

So far the best tool I have used is the Power Drill and the Rubberized stripper paint stripper. Makes the Stripping/scoring of the tub take minuscule amount of time. Add a dremel with flex shaft and this project will take no time. Barring the Acetone bath that is soon to follow. EWWWW!!!!

Tools required:
Wire Brush
Scuff Pad
Phillips and Flathead Screwdrivers

Ratchet:
T-50
T-40
T-35
1/2
13mm
11mm

Wrench:
1/2

Optional (make it easier)
Power Drill
Dremel w/Flex Shaft for the hard to reach areas

Rubber coated Steal paint stripper (Double and single headed)
Stripper bit for Dremel

Acetone for removing wax from the finish and clean your tub after scuffing.

Scuffed Tub
Close up of scuffing
Rubber Coated wire stripper

Here is the best Tool Mod I comae up with on the fly. This allowed me to get to every corner of the Tub with the Flex shaft attached without ever touching the the Dremel itself.

Dremel Mod

The rain humidity finally dropped below 98% so I got the job done. I must say that I truly enjoy the finished product. Will Post Pictures and process later.

Sweet. When you get done, I'll total everything up and post it in the how to section.

- I just looked at those photos, and they really look good - You've put alot of work into that!

Last edited:
Okie Dokie. I have everything done and she is holding up well.

For the Final part of this project I had to wait for a lukewarm dry day, which isn't that hard in GA these days.
After another bath in Acetone

I started with the Corners and hard to reach areas and the first coat went on in about 45 minutes.
After an hour I put on a second coat and let her dry for a few days before putting any thing back in.

TJ BedLiner - Jeepz.com Reader Rides

TJ BedLiner - Jeepz.com Reader Rides

Also, check your wal-mart I found this stuff in a spray can. That will surely help with touchup. VERY expensive though at $6 - $7 a can and it takes 8 cans to do a full-size truck.

wow looks great. I'm going to re-do mine in the next week or two. I'll post up when I do it.

Back