Wet feet even with a hardtop?

Vanover

I was in my Jeep in the rain today and my feet and the radio got soaked. I have a 95 YJ with a hardtop and nothing that jumps out at me that would be the cause. Maybe the cowl vent is there a gasket or seal in there?:?:

hmm. I have never heard of this. I'm quite curious to see what this is . good luck bud

Could be leaking at your windshield/cowl gasket. If the rubber gasket btwx your windshield & the body is leaking the water will run behind the dash & onto your feet & the radio. Guess how I know that.;)

OK sorry Guys I found the info I needed in a previous thread. Sorry I wasted y'alls time. I didnt look hard enough.

Was the info you needed about the cowl gaskete, or vent? what part of KY do you live in? Im just across the river in OH.

I have the same issue. after every hard or long rain, my floor is wet. ( standing water ) Now I know..

I gave up trying to fix the leak so I just drilled a strategically placed 1/4" weep-hole in the floor. All fixed now!

I sanded the steel floor and put down some real heavy rustoleum. Looks like new. I keep the floor unplugged, but just drilled a small 1/4" hole right in line with the leak. No more problems.
The carpet doesn't even get wet.

Back