Wfi return line / gas tank spits

RET

I have an 85 cj7.* I have a mechanical problem.* When putting in gas I have to do it slow in order to get air in it or it spits the gas back out.* Can you work on jeeps and can fix this or know of how to fix it?* I have the tank out now . I just put howell efi on it and the return line builds up too much* pressure and the line is clear.* Got any ideas or can you fix this?* I'm in Redwood City.
Ray

Last edited:

Sounds like a vent issue. There should be 2 lines from the fuel filler neck. The smaller line is supposed to vent the air as the fluid enters into the tank. IF the vent tube is kinked, restricted or pinched, the fuel will have a hard time going in the tank through the tube smoothly. On the EFI setup you have, where is the fuel pressure regulator?.

Then I would think that the fuel return line is too small to handle the volume going back to the tank.

I'm bumping it up to 5/16th". Thats the fuel feed size. I was going to 3/8th" but limited space on top of the fuel tank and jeep body. TBI to sender tube inlet 5/16". Sender tube inlet is still 1/4' though.

Back