What do I have here from a 2000 TJ?

60biscayne

A while back I bought a 2000 Wrangler just for parts which had been in a drivers side front crash. It was partially stripped before I got it. I pulled the radiator, side steps for my '89 YJ. We took the roll bar out of it my son likes it better than the one in the '89 but I don't know if it will work or not. My daughter is coming back home to Pa. from California & is having our Little Red Wrangler that my son bought new in '97 shipped. It also is a 4 cylinder standard shift car like this parts vehicle. It should be here by the end of the month & than I'll check to see if it needs anything from off this parts car before I get rid of it. My wife doesn't like to look out the window & see a wreck!
Anyway, it's engine was gone when I got it but the transmission & transfer case & shift linkage are still there & in tact. It seems from what I've been reading the transmission is a AX5 - is this correct? I haven't got under it yet to look at any tags etc. to see what the t-case is but I'd like to know if they are all the same. Here again I was told that the transfer case might be cracked but I haven't checked it out yet.
What model are the front and rear differentials? Are they the Dana 30 & 35? Also is there a standard ratio that these would be?
My point being I'd like to move this whole vehicle as is but if I have to chop it up what do I have so that folks looking for parts will be able to see what I have etc........
Thanks for any help
Jim

The 2000 will be an AX5 and NP231 just like the '97. Axles will also be the same D30 and D35, should be 4.10 ratio which is common to the 4cyl 5spd Wrangler. The 4cyl auto generally has 3.73 gears.

Thanks for the info!
I just checked out the website link that you left for the gent with a Steering Box price question - Man this wreck is a goldmine chopped up in pieces! Unfortunately I think that's what my wife would do to me (Chop me up into pieces) if I tore it apart in the driveway!
Jim

The roll bar won't be a direct bolt in, the rear hoops mount farther back in the jeep than the ol' slanty ones.

The roll bar won't be a direct bolt in, the rear hoops mount farther back in the jeep than the ol' slanty ones.

But will this roll bar work?
I'd hate to tear out the old one only to find this 2000 bar is to big etc......

Back