What im looking at doing

CashJack158

Jeep TJ Suspension Lift

This lift kit seems to be what i want to do. I was looking at the american racing outlaw II wheels, i think a 15x10. The tires I was between the BF Goodrich all terrains and the yokohoma geolanders.
My question is with this lift kit, what size wheel and tire package should i go with. My first thought was 15x10 rims with 33x12.50 tires. Like always any extra thoughts or help would be appreciated. Also any extra parts I should do would be appreciated. Like I said before im new to this whole thing but i want to learn as i go

15x8" rim is ideal for a 12.5" wide tire. 15x10 is too wide, you'll risk blowing a bead at low tire pressure.
33's are fine, particularly if you are not re-gearing, but you have potential to fit 35's, so that is something to keep in mind.

Do a 33 x 10.5 12.5 will most likely retard your steering radius (rub the frame)and give a more rough ride
as to a 10.5 will give a better ride also IMHO
when you order your lift ask if its on back order some are up to a 6 month wait if not longer or you may get lucky it'll be in stock, but not very likely
they try not to break it to you till after they get the payment
they tried that on me
and for the 15x10 rim its to deep unless you run spacers I hate them dearly as I feel there unsafe after loosing 2 wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run my 35x 12.5 15's on an 8 inch wide wheel and 10 inch on the 35x14.5 15's. Johnny nailed it on the beads. You want enough expansion of the tire bead on the wheel to keep it on it on hard crawling and side wall impacts.

Mine's a YJ, but here's more or less (you are planning less lift) how you would look from different angles (i have 4" of lift, Outlaw II 15X8 wheels, and 33X12.50 BFG MT KM2's...)

DSC00170-1.jpg

DSC00172-1.jpg

DSC00688-1.jpg

DSC00323-1.jpg

Ive talked to a couple tire places and they wont put a 33x12.50 on an 8 inch rim, they said its too skinny

well thats retarded.. I've never had anyone decline because the rim is "too skinny" tell them you'll just take your business else where.

Heck, I had a 15" wide 35" SX put onto a 8" wide rim, they never asked a single question.

He told me some dude in texas put a 33x12.50 on a 15x8 and it exploded killing two guys. I just kinda stood there with a blank stare like, UH..... WHAT?!?!?!

Yeah, I am sure the cause of the blow out was the 8" wheel and not the 500 PSI they put in the tire...

Back