what is it and why is it broken??

Cabin_Guy

Crawled under my 2005 unlimited today for a spring-time inspection and to grease the front end and noticed this was broken. Then noticed it was broken on the other side too! No idea how long I've been driving it like this, I assume its not terribly important? Any idea why both siodes would break on a 5 yr old Jeep that doesn't see any really rough road?

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 101

Looks like the sway bar.Does it go across the front of the jeep to the other side and has the same connection on the other side?

Its more likely that they were disconnected on purpose. Are you the first / original owner of this Jeep?

Do you have a lift?

Just get some nice swaybar disconnects. I personally like JKS (but they're expensive)

they are sway bar links and they are broken usually happens when you flex the front suspenion i have broke 4 sets untill i bought aftermarket heavy duty ones that have a bolt through design instead of a ball and socket

I'm the second owner, but the first owners were an older couple ( I know this for a fact, it's not just what the dealer said LOL)
I do about 10 miles of fairly rough dirt road a day, but i dont generally abuse the Jeep or drive it hard, seems odd that both would break on a 5 yr old Jeep.
Any recommendation of a tougher part than stock that I could put on myself?
thanks everyone for your input so far !

LOL @ " new and pampered".
Thanks everyone. I'll check those out. I don't want to just put on crap that going to break again.

I cant think of the name/brand, but they have sway bar links that flex and dont need to be disconnected ... Someone help me out? LOL

The type of driving I do doesn't require me to disconnect the sway bar, but obviously its a little tougher than the stock ones can handle. Is there a " tougher than stock" type I can get? I assume the disconnect ones cost a premium, I'd be happy with a solid set of non-disconnect ones.

Back