what parts (if any) should i keep around after the fire department puts out jeep?

Willy Beamin

A friend of mine bought a 88 cherokee for just over $200 he wheeled around with me for a week or so. Then he had some transmission isuses ie.hot as hell and smokein like crazy n couldnt make it home (he has 20 acers n we were in the back not so bad) I draged him as close as my 2.5 yj wit 33's could (started 2 over heat). it was about 1000 feet 2 his house droped him off n went home. about 20 minutes later he calls say the fire departments on there way n the jeep is screwed!! hes planing on buying a nother jeep but pay a lil more n get sumthin wit less then 350 000 on it LOL so should we keep ne parts ie. axle houseing, transfer case(just houseing for posible rebuild) stuff like that. I no anything we keep will need sum sorta rebuild.:???::lol::?:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did ya get any pics? Been wondering what mine would look like with flames. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Sounds like he could make money on it still yet though. The crusher is paying 12 dollars a hundred around here. Take the converter, radiator and any aluminum like wheels off and sell it to them seperate. You'll get more money that way.

Like Bounty Hunter said, it depends on the extent of the damage. If it was pretty bad, I would venture to say it wouldn't be worth the trouble to save the engine. About the only thing(s) that might be worth salvaging are the axles if they are desirable, and if the fire was contained to the engine bay the trans/t-case might be salvageable.

so i didnt exactly have a temp gage in the jeep while it burnd but heres sum pics 3 tires didnt pop so u b the judge how hot is 2 hot n how hot u think it got my buddie will prob just scrap it:lol:

Attachments

• wills iphone pics 009.JPG
    wills iphone pics 009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • wills iphone pics 010.JPG
    wills iphone pics 010.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
  • wills iphone pics 011.jpg
    wills iphone pics 011.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 137
  • wills iphone pics 012.jpg
    wills iphone pics 012.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Clean it up a bit, put it on a float. Paint it up with a roller and brush in the school colors of the opposing team. Take it to a collage game charge a dollar for 3 hits with a sledge hammer. Then, take it to the crusher. Could throw and engine in it and make a derby jeep out of it.

I want to know if it will start. It is a jeep you know!
:lol: we thoght about it lol if i had an old wireing harness for it we would of tryd.

any way since im gettin rid of all the acctual jeep parts in my yj i knew it was no good 2 me and he's 2 lazy 2 do nething with it so it got scraped. he got 100 bucks for the evry thing, thats half what he paid for it so wutev he had fun for a week. Ill let u no wut happens to his next jeep:lol:

Back