What tyres, what lift?

fatgazzer

I know this must have been asked a thousand times but at the risk of sounding stupid again here goes......
What are the largest tyres I can fit on my stock XJ:-?
Before you all jump in it's a turbo diesel and I believe in the UK they ride higher than the stock 4.0L model it measures 18" from the fender to the centre of the hub at the front and 17" at the rear. what do they normally measure?
FATGAZZER [addsig]

I know for a fact that stock XJ's can fit 29 inch tires on. However, my personal favorite is the 255/70R15 tire with no lift. They are pretty wide and offer your Jeep a sporty look. If your suspension is shabby and drooping, better put on 235/75R15 tires on. I ran the 255's and I was VERY satisfied.
NOTE: This applies to American Jeeps, I dunno about the Diesel, but if I were you, I would run the American tyre sizes just to be safe.

edited by: dingus, Mar 27, 2003 - 09:28 AM[addsig]

ya know what's cool about being a moderator? :)

anyways, i think you can fit 29's or 30's on a stock XJ...

if you want to compare us ride heights you can check out my website in the 'lifts' section for more information. my measurements are taken from the center of the wheel to the fender. (or from the floor to the fender, but i can't remember.)

edited by: dingus, Mar 27, 2003 - 09:33 AM[addsig]

I checked the height , they are 31" front and 29" rear sitting on 225x70x15's
what tyres were you using when your measurments were taken
FATGAZZER[addsig]

i have a stock (as far as suspension goes) 97 XJ and i'm running 30x9.50 BFG all-terrains with no problems. i would love to have a 3" lift... and hopefully will when the $$$ comes in. but 30x9.50 are the largest tires i would recommend trying to run. they work great and only barely rub if i turn the wheel lock to lock. good luck![addsig]

Back