What was Your First Jeep?!

Jeep'nMama said:
Show and Tell all about our first Jeeps..

Christian

Mine was a green 1995 YJ, with a 4 cylinder! I had ac but had to turn it off to get up any hill that wasn't made by a mole. But didn't use it very often since it almost never had a top on. It only had a 2 inch body lift and 33s, but I was 18 and did most of the work myself.( I had guy friends who stood around and gave instructions cause i wouldnt let anyone touch it. lol) she was the first true love of my life an helped me find my fellow Jeep'n husband. Some of the best times of my life happened in that Jeep, many late summer nights gravel roads were traveled! Very grateful for Jeep!! Which will always mean so much to me.

Christian

image-1456770335.jpg

Attachments

• image-391012800.jpg
    image-391012800.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 132
  • image-289120534.jpg
    image-289120534.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 134
My first was a 90 YJ with a 4cyl. I put on a superlift and 33 inch thornbirds. Man, I miss those tires. That jeep would go anywhere .

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120313_222713.png
    ForumRunner_20120313_222713.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 299
Bugle boy,I was just pictureing in my mind what I would do to your machine, heavy duty front bumper with winch, nerf bars,on the back I dont know ,but that needs some attention. To me it's a nice looking station wagon that could really transform itself into one helluva nice looking rig.

its a street racer. he needs some fat back tires and lower it a bit. then put an oversized throttle body and free flowing exhaust. his is 2x4

i don;t have any of our first jeep but it was a 95 cherokee sport with manual windows and locks. it was great. we got it with 110k or so miles and sold it with 180ish. it was a dang good jeep. it was champagne colored with tan interior and has metal wheel but i swapped them for my fav jeep alloys, the 5 star looking ones. it was two wheel drive and had the tow package so it would beat all the cars light to light except vettes and v8 sports cars. it sure worried the guys in the 80s and early 90s v8 stangs and camaros though, ha ha ha

superj said:
its a street racer. he needs some fat back tires and lower it a bit. then put an oversized throttle body and free flowing exhaust. his is 2x4

i don;t have any of our first jeep but it was a 95 cherokee sport with manual windows and locks. it was great. we got it with 110k or so miles and sold it with 180ish. it was a dang good jeep. it was champagne colored with tan interior and has metal wheel but i swapped them for my fav jeep alloys, the 5 star looking ones. it was two wheel drive and had the tow package so it would beat all the cars light to light except vettes and v8 sports cars. it sure worried the guys in the 80s and early 90s v8 stangs and camaros though, ha ha ha

ive got 30" tires on it now they are about 10.5" wide so thats a good start, I just put a 2" lift on this year and might upgrade it eventually (its a budget lift) and my leafs might sag a little lower than they should but i can beat anyone who wants a piece lol im not gonna say i have never punished that old engine with some high rpms that would be a lie, i raced a bunch of kids who think their 4cyl are fast and threw them for a spin, their jaw drops when i launch off the line or do a burn-out lol

Last edited:
and for future refrence 2x4 is wood lol ;)

number of wheelsXnumber of powered wheels

an that gives ya 4x2 lol

I had a 1980 CJ5 that was a rolling death trap. It had a 3 inch body lift and was so rusted that you could look through one quarter panel and see through the other. Paid $1000 for it - didn't come with a top, doors or anything. I really loved it, and went on to buy a CJ7 and now a TJ (I briefly owned a YJ as well as a Grand Wagoneer).

Here's my 85 CJ7

Attachments

• 31PDC_0020.JPG
    31PDC_0020.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 291
A '97 TJ wrangler. I miss that Jeep! I bought it the day before I turned 18 and I miss it far more than the exwife...(it ended up being a casulty of divorce)

This one. Actually I bought it three years ago for my daughter. 97 TJ SE, 4-banger automatic. In nice shape to begin with but it's been kind of an ongoing restoration project. Got new front fenders to replace the rusty originals, full repaint, new Bestop sailcloth top, Bestop headliner this winter (Merry Xmas), used OE aluminum wheels off of eBay, NAPA shocks and steering stabilizer (they are really Monroe Sensa Tracs painted blue and half the price), stereo and sound bar, Airaid intake, just added a Banks cat-back exhaust a few weeks ago since it needed a new muffler anyway.

IMG_5187-1.jpg

...but my first experience with a Jeep was in High School. I rearended a CJ. Luckily he was a friend from school so no police involved and no damage besides few scrapes on the rubber on my front bumper and a small dent on his rear bumper.

I had an "82 CJ5,4 cyl,4spd. I bought it from I guy I worked with when it was 2 yrs old. Drove it for about 11yrs & the ex got it in the divorce. I heard she sold it shortly after that.

Back