What year winch plate

Texas Gringo

I bot. a warn winch plate and winch for my 93 Wrangler and it would not bolt down. The plate has 3 holes to bolt down. 2 go in the tow hook holes and 1 went in a hole that holds down a suspension bar that runs parallel to the bumper. My 93 does not have this suspension bar. I could not get the winch off the plate so I bot. a new winch and plate. What Jeep years does this plate fit? I need to sell it and get some money back.

I bot. a warn winch plate and winch for my 93 Wrangler and it would not bolt down. The plate has 3 holes to bolt down. 2 go in the tow hook holes and 1 went in a hole that holds down a suspension bar that runs parallel to the bumper. My 93 does not have this suspension bar. I could not get the winch off the plate so I bot. a new winch and plate. What Jeep years does this plate fit? I need to sell it and get some money back.

The best deal on these type of snafus is just to built your own, bolt a new plate over the old, double the hold down bolts for engineering safety, and call it good. The heavier the better on pulling devices anyway.

I rebuilt the whole back end of VEX with the cheesy little cross member from Jeep and built around the whole thing to mount my own winch on the rear. It was cheap, easy and fun and better than what the suppliers have for the factory winch as offered.

Not a direct answer to your query, but a different option perhaps.

Hope this is helpful.

image-missing.png

Robert

TX gringo does your frame have the third hole even though you do not have a sway bar? Most "universal" winch plates have multiple holes some get used some do not depending on the chassis.

no third hole and the four holes will not line up plus no room to drill new ones. i'm trying to find out which year wranglers have the suspension bar.

Sounds like you're talking about the swaybar found on top of the frame on '97-'06 Wranglers. '87-'95 Wranglers have the swaybar below the frame.

if it is a warn winch plate, the old design was a universal plate that the winch mounted to with 2 holes on each end, then there was an adapter for each end that would correspond specifically to the vehicle. I'll look for a pic if I can find one.

edit, found some pics.. hard to see but you will see two bolts where the tow hook is, this attaches the bracket to the frame, and then you will notice the two bolts inward of those
6109d1286886838t-johnnys-94-yj-one-big-poop-dsc00590.jpg

here is another, but the tow hook is removed..
5634d1280171218t-johnnys-94-yj-one-big-poop-dsc_0055.jpg

Back